• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** Lowell portfolio /Bryan Carter V Rocky 1987

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **DISCONTINUED** Lowell portfolio /Bryan Carter V Rocky 1987

Hi

I do hope somebody can help me. Today i received a county court letter regarding an old mobile phone account that I had with three mobile in 2006. I was out of work for 2 years in 2008 and never paid the bill eventually it disappeared and i heard nothing about it. I last made a payment to that account on January 8th 2008. The account was sold on to Lowell portfolio in March 2011 who now have passed it to Bryan Carter solicitors. As I have made no contact with three mobile or anybody else since regarding this account until today, am i correct into saying that this account is statute barred? it does not show on my credit reports with noddle, and equifax.

I am really worried as I don't want to go to prison or to get a CCJ on my file as I have only recently started getting back on my feet a little bit. Can anybody please help me at all? I don't understand these forms and thing that I should ask for or even how to fill them in. I am so worried that I am going to get in trouble.

Please help.
    Tags: None

Re: County Court letter

Originally posted by rocky1987 View Post
    Hi

I do hope somebody can help me. Today i received a county court letter regarding an old mobile phone account that I had with three mobile in 2006. I was out of work for 2 years in 2008 and never paid the bill eventually it disappeared and i heard nothing about it. I last made a payment to that account on January 8th 2008. The account was sold on to Lowell portfolio in March 2011 who now have passed it to Bryan Carter solicitors. As I have made no contact with three mobile or anybody else since regarding this account until today, am i correct into saying that this account is statute barred? it does not show on my credit reports with noddle, and equifax.

I am really worried as I don't want to go to prison or to get a CCJ on my file as I have only recently started getting back on my feet a little bit. Can anybody please help me at all? I don't understand these forms and thing that I should ask for or even how to fill them in. I am so worried that I am going to get in trouble.

Please help.
    Hi,
    Let's clear the " prison" idea,. Debt is not Criminal Offence in the UK.

I take it you have received a Claim Pack From the Northampton County Court Business Centre?
    From the details you have given I agree the debt is statute barred. This is a complete defence to the claim.
    You need to Acknowledge Service of the Claim ( you can do this on line see instructions in the claim pack) State you are going to defend the claim.

Once you have acknowledged service you have 33 days from the date the claim was issued to file a defence.

The forms are fairly straight forward follow the instructions on the forms, the acknowledgment of claim form will also show you how to acknowledge online. Get this done Now.
    Can you post a copy of the Claim Form here please so we can see what exactly this is all about.
    Remove your name/address and the claim number before doing so.

Then I will suggest something that will hopefully stops this before it gets any further!!

nem

Comment

Thank you. I will attach a copy of the claim form in a moment

Comment

Hi I have tried to accept the service of claim online but the website keeps bringing me an error when I log in. I will have to do it by post first thing tomorrow morning. I will send it 1st class recorded so that I have proof of sending it.

I have attached a copy of the claim form that I received today.

Thanks again.
        Ro.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ok, Straight forward Statute Barred defence if your dates are correct.

Have you acknowledged the claim?

nem

Comment

No it only arrived today. I haven't done anything yet as I am totally unsure of these things and wanted to seek advice. what would you say is my next step?

Comment

Make a nice cup of tea and wait for the knowledgeable beagles . Nem will give you very good advice .

Comment

Acknowledge the Claim on line tomorrow.

I see Amethyst is helping you with another Statute Barred Debt so the processes are from the point of view
                of the early stages are the same.

nem

Comment

I commented on a post from last year hoping Amethyst will respond. This is a great site thanks for helping me. So tomorrow I will acknowledge the claim online and then on the N9B form it has some tick boxes. I am going to dispute the full amount claimed on the claim form. Then in the defence box what should I write? I am still unsure. Do I also need to ask Bryan and Carter for a copy of the credit agreement?

Thanks again for helping I can start to breath again hopefully.

Comment

Hi I found this template online will this be suitable to ask for a CCA so that I can put it with my claim?

Thanks

Bryan Carter Solicitors
                    11DE Havilland Drive
                    Weybridge
                    Surrey
                    KT13 0YP
                    31/04/2015

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:- Account/Reference Number xxxxxxxxxxx

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company or its clients.
                    With reference to the above agreement, I require you to supply the following documentation before I will correspond with you further on this matter.
                    1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement, under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974.
                    2. A full statement of account.
                    3. A signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement that you allege exists.
                    4. A copy of any other documents referred to in the agreement.
                    I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77-79), I am entitled to receive a copy of the credit agreement on request. I enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. Please note that under no circumstances should this payment be set aside any alleged debt. If you are unable to supply the documentation requested, this fee should be returned.
                    I understand a copy of this credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.
                    I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.
                    I look forward to hearing from you.
                    Yours faithfully
                    XXXXXXXXX

Comment

This is where I am up to with this stressful matter. I have today sent off my acknowledgment of service form of which I ticked that I would be disputing the whole claim as I am 100 percent sure it is statute barred. I sent this signed for recorded delivery.

I am now at the part where I believe that I only have to send a CPR request letter off as it is a mobile phone debt. Is it correct that I do not have to send a CCA request letter? If so I will get this CPR letter posted out today recorded and signed for delivery so that it arrives on Tuesday. Would it hurt to request a CCA request?

This is what I have ready to post obviously with my details on.

After this has been posted is it just a waiting game for them to respond?

Thank you
                      Ro,
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yes that's right, if it is a mobile phone debt the CCA request isn't applicable but yes you can ask for the agreement under cpr 31.14
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ok, thanks Amethyst I will get my letters posted off today. I noticed I put the wrong address on my CPR form this one is supposed to go to Bryan and Carters solicitors? Have I wrote that letter above correct once I change the address?

Also totally off subject can I donate to the site anyway as a thank you for advice??

Comment

Lowell portfolio /Bryan Carter V Rocky 1987

Hi Legal beagles,

Particulars of Claim
                            This claim is for £532.25, the amount due under agreement between the original creditor and the defendant to provide finance and / or services and / or goods.

This Debt was assigned to / purchased by Lowell Portfolio ltd,
                            on 10/03/2011 and notice served pursuant to the law of property act 1925

Particulars
                            RE- Three Mobile
                            A/C XXXXXXXX

And the claimant claims £532.5

The claimant also claims statutory interest pursuant to S.69 of the count act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum.
                            From the date of assignment of the agreement to date but limited to a maximum of 1000 amounting to 42.60.

Amount claimed £574.85
                            Court fee £60
                            Solicitor's costs £70
                            Total amount £704.85

Background of this debt
                            I had a debt along time ago that I forgot all about and have not heard from them for a long long time. After receiving this letter yesterday I contacted Three mobile and asked them about the old mobile account so I could get my dates correct and they told me that the account was last paid on 8th January 2008 and that it was defaulted on 14th July 2008. Then they passed the account to Lowell on 15th March 2011 (my claim form says 10th)

I have not spoken to Lowell or anybody else regarding this account in anytime since I last made that payment.

This morning I tried to send my Acknowledge of service on the moneyclaim site but it is having problems enrolling me so I just took it to the post office recorded and signed for. I have now got my CPR request letter ready to post and I also have a CCA request letter to post ( I seen a post by Amethyst saying I don't need a CCA Request letter as it is a mobile phone debt)

What now?

Thank You

Ro.

Comment

Re: Lowell portfolio /Bryan Carter V Rocky 1987

Rocky this is the same debt you have Pm'd me about how many threads have you started on this.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X