• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET parking services PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET parking services PCN

Hi,
    Am new here. Just received a parking charge notice from MET parking services.
    I am the registered keeper but wasn't the person driving the vehicle at the time, but I know who was.
    The date of the incident is 24/3/15. I went away on holiday on 2nd of April - at which point I hadn't received any PCN through the post, however when I got back on the 13th April I had received the PCN. When I tried to pay it they said the fine was £100 rather than the £50 it should have been. I was not prepared to pay £100, so I ignored it, then today I received a Reminder of notice issue date: 28/3/15 and the letter arrived today 30/04/15 Asking for £100.

The driver at the time, visited McDonalds and had overstayed by 32 mins. there were 90 mins free and they stayed 122 mins.

Is there anything I can do here to appeal or is it too late? because in the letter it says the appeal has to be received within 28 days of the initial correspondence.

Thankyou very much for any help you can give.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ripa98070; 30th April 2015, 19:28:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: MET parking services PCN

Just found the original PCN. It says on there the date of issue was 31/3/15 so it must have arrived on the 2/4/15 just like this one which was 2 days late. I have attached it please advise.
    Attached Files

Comment

I'd appeal and hope to get a popla code.

Dear Sirs,

I as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver did not see any signs and was a genuine customer. In any event your notice to keeper is non compliant with PoFA 2012 and your charges are openal in nature and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

Yours etc

info@metparking.com

M1

Comment

Thank you, I have appealed via their online appeals process.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X