• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Average Holiday pay back date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average Holiday pay back date

Average Holiday Pay and back pay
    I am on the understanding that Average holiday pay back pay can now be claimed for 2 years back.This ruling by the British Government, was made in January 2015, but I am on the understanding that it doesn't become law until the end of June 2015?.
    How does an employee get the back pay?.is it going to be made legal that an employer automatically has to pay it. or will the employee have to make a claim through the Employment Tribunal, or a county court claim?
    I am also aware of a ruling from the european Court of Justice on holiday pay back pay.This will be given in May 2015. The ECJ could make it law that up to 6 years back pay can be claimed to 2009 when the AHP came in as part of the Working time Directive.Would the ECJ decision make the British governments ruling defunct, and the new ECJ ruling the precedence?
    Is it best for employees to wait until the ECJ make their decision as this may pave the way for back pay up to 6 years instead of the governments current 2 years?.
    Last edited by Kati; 30th April 2015, 08:36:AM. Reason: removed links ;)
    Tags: None

Re: Average Holiday pay back date

Hello again tickymicky.
    No, you're incorrect.
    There is no new law and the issue you're referring to was just the decision of an employment tribunal.
    It's likely that most employers will adhere to the practice but there is no Law, Bill or Act.
    This gives a good assessment:
    http://www.rha.uk.net/docs/Changes%2...iday%20Pay.pdf

Comment

Re: Average Holiday pay back date

Sean5032, Many thanks for your reply.I recall sometime back last year when the Employment Tribunal made a decision that employees can claim back pay on holiday paid but only 3 months back.Presumably, that is where code of practice?...........However,my regional union rep., has stated that there is a law being passed in June 2015 whereby an employer has to pay back 2 years average holiday back pay.I assume this is going to be 1 of the 2 cases that went to the European Courts of Justice and to which there is a decision in May 2015???

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X