• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Appeal unsuccessful, what now? - Paid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN Appeal unsuccessful, what now? - Paid

Hi

I would like some advice on the next step for me.

I appealed because I had suffered a hyperglycaemic episode whilst out shopping which had caused me to be late back to the car. Euro Car Parks response to that has arrived today and states "Any medical problems you were experiencing at site on the above date were not reported so no provision could be made, therefore the parking charge notice was issued correctly and remains payable"

The PCN is £90, I'm on statutory maternity pay with a 4.5 month old baby and I could literally burst out crying now, I literally cannot afford to pay this money!!! There is no phone number to SPEAK to someone about this, I'm so angry and want this sorted now as it's worrying me and causing me a great deal of stress. I had borrowed the car from my friend so she had received the initial PCN and had ignored under advice of a friend and then told me so I wrote to them telling them I was the driver and they put the charge back to £90 but DRP have sent her another letter today chasing £150 even though I have now received the PCN. I have tried to call them and was put through to a voicemail.

Please help before I go totally mad!!
    Tags: None

Re: PCN Appeal unsuccessful, what now?

Can you scan up the letter(s) you have and signs too if you can. (hide name address etc not dates).

Diabetes is covered under the equality act which may help.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Can you scan up the letter(s) you have and signs too if you can. (hide name address etc not dates).

Diabetes is covered under the equality act which may help.

M1
      I have just switched my printer on to scan and it's not working so I'm afraid I can't upload the scans, plus I'm not sure how I would do that anyway?

Comment

Out of interest OP what were the symptoms of your hyperglycaemic episode.

I ask because I am diabetic and hyperglycaemia does not normally produce symptoms.

If on the other hand you meant hypoglycaemic I can quite understand why it would cause you to be late back to your car - such episodes are at best very unpleasant and can even be life threatening.

The other thing I would ask is whether you had any opportunity to make your condition known or whether this was one of those "arrive in the post" affairs? If the latter their reason for rejecting your appeal is illogical.

(Mystery is far more expert than me in dealing with PCNs, it was the diabetes slant that caught my eye.)

Comment

Originally posted by stevemLS View Post
          Out of interest OP what were the symptoms of your hyperglycaemic episode.

I ask because I am diabetic and hyperglycaemia does not normally produce symptoms.

If on the other hand you meant hypoglycaemic I can quite understand why it would cause you to be late back to your car - such episodes are at best very unpleasant and can even be life threatening.

The other thing I would ask is whether you had any opportunity to make your condition known or whether this was one of those "arrive in the post" affairs? If the latter their reason for rejecting your appeal is illogical.

(Mystery is far more expert than me in dealing with PCNs, it was the diabetes slant that caught my eye.)
          Sorry, that was a typing error, it was a hypo (hypoglycaemic episode).

The letter arrived in the post to my friends address, the owner of the vehicle. She didn't tell me about it straight away as she didn't want to add stress to me as I hadn't long given birth and she knew I had been poorly that day. I guess I should have phoned them but it was the last thing on my mind, I just wanted to get home safely and, as I stated in my letter to them, as there was not a ticket on my windscreen I thought I had not been charged. The car park is free for 2hrs, no return in 3. I had always thought it was 3hrs free parking so I admit I was at fault by not reading the signs but who does? I am just horrified at how much the charge is.

Comment

I thought that must be the case.

If you are insulin controlled that is almost certainly a disability within the meaning of the Equality Act and in my view should certainly have been taken into account.

How long did you "overstay"?

The recent case in the Court of Appeal will not help you, but wait for Mystery1 to come along s/he really is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by singingfluffy View Post
              I have just switched my printer on to scan and it's not working so I'm afraid I can't upload the scans, plus I'm not sure how I would do that anyway?
              You can take photos (must be readable though!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjnPAhAdxZQ

M1

Comment

I've paid it, it was concerning me too much so as much as I will have a hard month, at least it's done and dusted. Thank you for your replies anyway

Comment

Re: PCN Appeal unsuccessful, what now? - Paid

Send me your address please and I will send you a fake invoice, I need some new carpets.

You did exactly what they wanted.

With the guidance from the guys/gals on here it would have cost you nothing - except a few stamps.

Comment

Originally posted by paulajayne View Post
                    Send me your address please and I will send you a fake invoice, I need some new carpets.

You did exactly what they wanted.

With the guidance from the guys/gals on here it would have cost you nothing - except a few stamps.

To be fair, in the wake of Beavis nobody knows how popla will react. There are arguments which sound good but they are untested. If there is no discount it's a free shot at popla and you' be pretty stupid to pass it up. With a discount in play it depends how you feel and how determined you are.

I never advise anyone to use stamps though as email/online is free and post goes missing (not as often as people say it does though !) :tung:

M1

Comment

Beavis is still on going, but there are many other points to raise against these leeches as to why their invoice is a waste of paper (well I have a use for it in my smallest room).. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Yes Email is cheaper plus you can get a received and opened notification.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X