• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gatwick Drop Off - Layby - possible fine ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatwick Drop Off - Layby - possible fine ?

Hi - new to the forum, but hope someone may have some answers to my worries. Was dropping son off at the drop off point at Gatwick North Terminal layby using the correct left hand lane. No baggage involved so he was literally able to quickly jump out. Problem was that for this reason I didn't fully pull into the layby, just half way into a gap behind the last car - I thought this would be preferable to holding up the traffic waiting for a full space to become available - the whole process took no more than 10 seconds. I noticed on pulling away that a 'warden'- not sure what type - was watching me and then writing into his book as I drove away - presumably recording my number plate.

Question is - can I expect to receive a fine through the post

Any knowledge on this gratefully received.
    Tags: None

Re: Gatwick Drop Off - Layby - possible fine ?

Probably. It should be covered by byelaws though so if they attempt to use the protection of freedoms act 2102 to hold the keeper liable then they are at it as the PoFA 2012 only covers private land.

M1

Comment

Sorry ????? Lost me with this ???

Comment

I think what mystery1 means is that if they send you through a fine, it will normally ask for the drivers details or state that they can hold the registered keeper liable for the fine, using the protection of freedoms act 2012. HOWEVER that only covers provate land for which usually an airport layby falls under byelaws which are different to private land. I am sure someone will be along to clarify that though for you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X