• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Disciplinary Action Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disciplinary Action Process

Hi there, I'm just looking for some advice.

Today I had a meeting with my manager about poor performance regarding stock locating at work. I do not dispute that mistakes have been made, I have Dyspraxia (which my manager is aware of) and have a habit of rushing things, and my organisation isn't brilliant but most recently I've been trying really hard and putting my all in to rectify this going forward, however my past mistakes have caught up on me. So my manager said to me that if he finds 4 more errors in stock locating by this time next month his words were '*this company* may reconsider your employment'

Is this process correct? if they find errors will i lose my job?

Any advice appreciated,

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Disciplinary Action Process

Hello tmak and welcome to LB.
    The short answer to your question is "yes, you could lose your job".
    You have been employed to do a job.
    Something that both you and your employer thought you'd be able to do.
    If it now transpires that you can't do the job, they're effectively warning you that disciplinary action, including your dismissal, might follow.
    To give you an example, think of a train driver.
    As time goes by his eyesight starts failing.
    Would you still want to employ him after "a few errors" of hurtling through red traffic lights?
    If you really cannot do this job, can you speak to your manager to try and find something you can do?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X