• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

`Unjust Charges`

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• `Unjust Charges`

BBC NEWS | Business | 'Unjust' bank charges criticised
    RBS £2,336.31p *Settled* - RBS £104 *Settled* - Cap One *Settled by default* - A&L - In Progress

`All advise offered by myself is from my own personnel experience and not from professional experience, if in doubt seek advise from a qualified professional!`

`Emotions are like your mothers breasts, you know where they are but best left unfelt!`

Well if they stick a cap on the charges like they did with credit cards, I think we all know who's side they will favour. In my opinion the only fair way is to charge the actual cost as is lawful and acceptable.

Comment

However, in response, the British Bankers' Association (BBA) pointed out that customers could avoid fees altogether by staying in credit.

I was in bloody credit, it was the bank that tried to pay a DD the nanosecond before the salary went in the account, the wages were enough to cover all the dds, it was the bank that screwed me over! Even if they had let that first DD go through, it would only have teken me in the red by 28p, instead I went in the red for £30.

Would 28p really have hurt them that much? especially as the flippin money was going in the account the SAME DAY!

Comment

But Delta the machine or whatever that saw you had, or would have gone 28p over your limit, has no heart, can not make decisions and is only set to go off when 0 becomes -1. If manual intervention was used in these instances, I am sure lots of charges would not go through. If it did however, then some of the charges may be justified.

Comment

Yea that's what really really winds me up, I mean say my money goes in on the 20th of the month, so from 00.00 that morning I can draw on the wage from a cash point. But, if a DD is coming out on the 20th, then for some stupid reason they do the debits before the credits, so even though I can draw that money, its not there to pay bills with, can anyone in the banking world please explain that to me?

Just why does it work that way? It stinks, the money is there, but its not there, why doesnt it refuse to pay out at the cash machine?

Comment

My son had no money in his bank, he put a fiver on his phone using his debit card and doing it over the phone. The fiver went on his phone and a £70 misuse of card (fee) went on his bank account. No explanation needed for that little transaction is there? Even Dick Turpin wore a mask

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X