• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Redundancy pay - 2 posts with same local authority

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redundancy pay - 2 posts with same local authority

I was made redundant on 31st March when the (affluent) council ceased to provide support and external funding ran out for the project. I had worked for them for 6 1/2 years, 6 of these on the same project with no break of service at any point. I worked full time in the same post from April 2009 until May 2012 when I got a 14 hours pw post as the project manager and continued in my other post at 18 hrs pw. When redundancy approached, there was consultation which happened as an afterthought and we were finally given redundancy letters a few days before the end of contract. We were advised by a staff secretary that we would be paid in lieu of notice, even though on fixed contracts. The council says this is not the case and the secretary does not answer calls/e-mails. Can any of you kind, knowledgeable people advise?

When the outsourced contractors calculated my redundancy pay, they initially gave me a figure for 2 years ( May 2012- March 2015) for the manager's post only. They say that if you leave one post but are still employed, then the council calculates service for that post only - not accounting that I was being made completely redundant. When I queried this , they eventually came up with 6 years payment for my other post but are sticking with the original calculation for the other which makes £000s difference to me. Surely my redundancy should account for previous service for both posts or an average of weekly combined wages. I can't work out if there is trickiness or sheer incompetence and apathy but no one can definitively provide evidence of which Act/procedure they base this decision on.. An HR meeting has passed my query to 'senior management who will resolve in 10 days'. Can anyone kindly advise- it's now been 3 weeks - HR said payment would be made approx 2 weeks after redundancy and money has run out - there seems no imminent prospect of payment .
    Tags: None

Re: Redundancy pay - 2 posts with same local authority

Hi.... I assume you have a contract of employment. What does the contract say re redundancy? Stat Redundancy is emmm not great sort of a weeks pay per year worked minus first 2 years so hopefully there's more substantial in your contract.....

Comment

Re: Redundancy pay - 2 posts with same local authority

Originally posted by Mineral1 View Post
      Hi.... I assume you have a contract of employment. What does the contract say re redundancy? Stat Redundancy is emmm not great sort of a weeks pay per year worked minus first 2 years so hopefully there's more substantial in your contract.....
      Yes - other team members have confirmed payments of average of final 12 weeks actual salary (with no weekly limit) multiplied according to the statutory age table . All that is written refers to multipliers of final weeks pay - no accounting for my particular situation so it seems someone thought that they should make something up to cover it, unfortunately greatly to my disadvantage .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X