• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Set aside app / Landlord/Tenant claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Set aside app / Landlord/Tenant claim

The landlord didnt pay for the ccj though it was sent by default (if that makes a difference)

Comment

& what if she accept 200, the judgement gets set aside...then what? If she wins i pay 200 on top of 980 or if i win i still have to pay her 200?
      CCj get removed, you only owe 200 then, court app gets withdrawn.

I gree with teh rest of your letter, sound spot on.

Agian, sorry if i sound a bit rude or sharpe.

My unofficial job seems to be sorting out LL and tenant disputes around my own town for owners. i was a property manager for many many years up to 2003. The other 2 that are advising you on here know A LOT MORE THAN ME ABOUT THE LAW OR PROCESSES. Follow what they say about dealing with the process, and just take what i have put as advise in ways to sort it out.
      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Stacey, your first reason for asking for the judgment to be set aside is that the main reason your response was not submitted on time is that the court staff gave you inappropriate advice and that they failed to send the response pack.

Sorry to keep harping on but it is important.

The effect of having the judgment set aside is that it is as though it never happened. So, you don't owe the £980. If you are able to get her to accept £200 or £300 or whatever, it needs to be conditional on her discontinuing her claim.

And she DID pay for the CCJ in that she paid the initial court fee to issue the claim.

Comment

Yeah i have stated very clearly dates i rang the court office and clearly stated i wasnt given any information on being able to print the form or a time limit
          I thought setting the judgement aside meant that it went back to the original claim stage, we submit our defence / claim forms again (though mine will be sent all at once so with the N244) would this cost her to start the process again? Even after i have to pay 155?

Comment

It does go back to the original claim stage, so you get another opportunity to submit your acknowledgement of service and defence.

In the ordinary course, a set aside order will contain future claims management directions saying who has to do what and by when.

Comment

Hiya quick question - everythings pretty much ready to be sent but I'm stuck on the EX160 fee remission form.

Paid monthly income- My partners pay checks vary depending on overtime. Do I put in his standard rate (which shows on the paycheck then underneath states overtime) or do I write in what he earnt last month? I rang court office and they couldn't answer!!

Comment

Write in the basic rate and include the payslips ( you need three months of payslips I believe)
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Hey guys, so I'm currently sat in court! The judgement has just been set aside and the judge advised us to go speak to each other to try and reach an agreement. She offered to drop the money from £900+ to £450. I said the only thing I think I should pay for is cleaning of carpets - £130 as that's in tenancy agreement

She admitted in a letter to the judge that the carpets were fitted in 2009, one before that from the previous occupier but yet still believes I should pay full cost

Were now waiting to see if the judge can get time to read our case in more detail to end it today or to set another court case

Any advice appreciated x

Comment

Just a suggestion

Offer £ 200, paid 20 per month, The ll is probably not wanting to sitr around court all day. under the condition that the ccj is removed,

ask for the case to be suspended for 6 months, whilst you make the payment
                      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Hiya, the judge looked through the case and said we'd be looking at paying £450 back to her. We could agree or go to trial and possibly pay more so I agreed to £450.

She wanted £50 a week but after the judge did a rough calculation based on my income etc he agreed with me that £15 was sufficient and was what she would get if court decided that anyway.

So I now have to pay £15 a month up to the cost of £450. Still feel I should pay less but it's over with now which is the main thing I wanted

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X