• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier Parking Solutions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Parking Solutions

I've recently received a letter from Debt recovery Plus about an unpaid parking fine issued by Premier Parking Solutions. Advice online was that these parking companies have no legal right to ask me for £160 in unpaid charges. Has that now changed? Should I pay the charge?
    Tags: None

Re: Premier Parking Solutions

The law changed some 2 1/2 years ago in that they can claim from the keeper IF certain conditions are met. However claiming and and getting paid are different matters. You should be paying £0 if you play it correctly.

Comment

Okay, thanks. There were signs at the car park stating charges, etc. I was late getting back to the car. Any advice on how to play this correctly?

Comment

Advice to ignore is ok in certain situations if there is/was no keeper liability in play. One problem is that people do not understand why or what will happen if they do.

On a very basic level, ignoring has worked for you, so far. If you didn't understand that you'd get plenty letters when ignoring then you've totally misunderstood the advice. At present there are no appeal options open to you so either continue to ignore all but a letter before claim & court papers or pay up.

This matter is not dead until the statute of limitations applies (6 years in E&W).

M1

Comment

Very grateful, thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X