• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Divorce HELP - EEA family member rights after divorce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce HELP - EEA family member rights after divorce

Hi,
    I need urgent help, I have been residing in the UK since 2007 with my EEA national husband. I have been married to my husband for 22 years now. My husband is a disable pensioner and he owns our house. I have never worked in my life as i was looking after my children. My husband is now planning to file a divorce case so I want to ask you that am i eligible for anything e.g. financial help and share in the house.
    Tags: None

Re: Divorce HELP

What is your status - are you UK national or EEA or other?

( some info http://www.davidsonmorris.com/visa-after-divorce/
    If a non-EEA citizen has been married to, or has been in a civil partnership with an EEA citizen for at least 3 years before the divorce or dissolution proceedings were initiated and they cohabited with the EEA partner in the UK for at least 12 months during their relationship, provided the EEA national was exercising treaty rights in the UK during the 3 year period, the non-EEA Family Member may be eligible to apply for a Retained Right of Residence.

A non-EEA national may be granted a 5 year residence permit which would enable them to work in the UK. Once they have completed a total of 5 years lawful residence in the UK under EEA Regulations, they would be eligible to apply for Permanent Residence. This may include any periods of continuous lawful residence acquired under the EEA Regulations prior to the grant of the residence permit, based on a Retained Right of Residence.
    although doesn't answer the rights you may have over the house / finances etc.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi, I am Pakistani national and my husband and children are EEA nationals

Comment

Okay in that case I'm not sure on your rights - immigrationboards ( http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea...e-t110596.html ) have a lot of queries on them about EEA family member residency and divorce, but for the financial aspects you will need to speak to a solicitor.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Divorce HELP - EEA family member rights after divorce

Originally posted by Justincolt
          You can make a new start as you both can prosper this relationship and so you should proceed before going through the divorce process consult a lawyer for your situation as this can bring a positive outcome as law also accepts the power of love so go ahead an intuition of separation also saves relationship as was in my case i owe to thank my lawyer divorce lawyer Alexandria, VA who saved my relationship.
          Sorry, this is a UK based legal forum. Advertising a VA lawyer is not much use.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X