• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

redundancy help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redundancy help

Hi, looks like I'm heading towards a possible redundancy. Basically two roles have gone and one new role created.I've been told me as a supervisor and my manager will each have to interview for the new role. I don't want the role as I'm hoping for a redundancy payout. If I say I'm not interested in the role will it affect me with a possible redundancy
    Tags: None

Re: redundancy help

Hello run_rabbit 55 and welcome to LB.
    Yes, if you say upfront that you're not interested in this new role it will help everyone.
    You could help yourself by asking whether there might be an incentive for one of you to choose to take VR, without putting HR and the team through unnecessary work.
    You could end up with a much larger cash settlement.

Comment

I'm worried if I decline a Interview for the new role they will see it as me declining a suitable job alternative And loosing possible redundancy pay

Comment

Yes, so don't decline the interview.
        Remember, an interview is a 2-way process and it's your ideal opportunity to say why you (don't) want a particular job.
        How would you lose redundancy pay?
        Your existing job is to be made redundant and the purpose of the interview is to offer you a suitable alternative.
        Not hard for you to say that the alternative isn't suitable. It's a completely different job, caused by a merging of a supervisor and manager role. They'd have a mountain to climb to show that you weren't just being awkward.
        All interviews proceed best when all parties are open and honest.
        I'd hedge your bets and tell them that you don't regard the new role as suitable, and could they see fit to lubricate your choice with a bit of extra redundancy pay, saving their time and trouble.

Comment

Ok thanks. Like I said the first formal meeting should be next week and I'll know more. Union is meeting Monday. Any questions I got I'm sure you guys can help. Thanks again

Comment

IMHO it is far from clear that the new role is not suitable.

And yes, if you refuse a suitable alternative your right to a redundancy payment can be lost.

Comment

My new role is probably gonna be classed as suitable alternative. I might just drop some informal hints to persuade them not to give me a job like within a short period of time I'll be leaving the company and hope they give it to the other candidate.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X