• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

contact order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contact order

The father of my now 9 yr old child left us in 2009 after having a long term affair , he had a contact order .
    I don't know his where abuts nor any means to contact him .
    There is a history with social serves i received a sec 18 and the case has been closed since nov of 2009 when he left .
    There where also issues of domestic violence .
    he dose not pay child support and refused to do so.
    He is an illegal immigrant so i can not trace him.
    how can i get the contact order removed and change my child's surname ? any advice
    Tags: None

Re: contact order

Hi

1: Contact order - Does he see your child now? how long since the last contact?

2: Is your child's father listed on the birth certificate? or does he has parental rights ( I would assume so if a contact order was granted)

Comment

Originally posted by DirtySmurf View Post
      Hi

1: Contact order - Does he see your child now? how long since the last contact?

2: Is your child's father listed on the birth certificate? or does he has parental rights ( I would assume so if a contact order was granted)

He has not seen the child since 2009 and he has no interest in the child , the child to him was simply a means to an end .
      He was hoping to gain custody so he could help his immigration case under a right to family life it didn't work out that way now he's vanished and has been gone since 2009.

He got PR bc I named him on his instance on the birth certificate as the father.

Comment

Ok so if he has not seen the child since 2009, there is no need to have the contact order removed - it would cost time and money and wouldn't change anything. As things stand he could not just come back and use that same court order, you could refuse and ask him to return to court and explain why he has not been involved with the child for the past 5-6 years.

In regards to changing your child's surname, This can be done via deed poll, however by law you should ask the consent of anyone with parental responsibility.... however with not knowing where they are or how to contact them this would be impossible. I think you could change their name without any repurcussions as father is not contactable or his whereabouts known at all

Comment

I'll follow your advice re the contact order .

re the deed poll I made attempts to change my sons name via deed poll when applying for his passport they rejected it and stated I needed a court order so I'm not sure how to go about the process .

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-...-a-childs-name

It is also possible to do it without his permission, My youngest son had his name changed twice without needing my signature or permission (despite on the latter having PR)

There are various sites charging various prices to do a deed poll for you, where you can select sole parental responsibility or joint etc

The official route is a court order from the link above, anything else is possible via google though :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X