• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Looking for help with British Passport Services and found this site.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for help with British Passport Services and found this site.

This is my first post to say hello. I need to help my daughter who now has a CCJ against from British Passport Services. She would have defended the claim but she left her address in July last year. The only thing apart from threatening texts and emails that she has had is the notification that she now has a CCJ against her.

I will now find the most appropriate part of the forum to get advice. I am heartened that others have had difficulty with this company.

Regards

Helmbarrie
    Tags: None

Claiment texted to say Judgement awarded by Court. Would have defended if known about

My daughter has today forwarded me a text telling her that a CCJ has been awarded against her. This was by the now notorious British Passport Services. They have harassed her for payment for the last 12 months. She is a student andleft her address last July. Every few months they would threaten further action. She would have defended the application and explained that she did not use there service and told them she would not be attending the appointment they had booked.

I feel sure that should the issue be put to a judge the order would have not been granted. My daughter has not had a chance to defend the action. It does appear that an application to have the matter reheard. Could the matter be redirected to be heard in a Court near to her home address?

Helmbarrie

Comment

Re: Claiment texted to say Judgement awarded by Court. Would have defended if known a

Hi welcome to LB,

Those dealing with BPS will be a long to help you as soon as they are available.

nem

Comment

Re: Looking for help with British Passport Services and found this site.

Hiya xx

Sorry to hear your daughter has been caught up in this.

Would you possibly be able to send me a copy of the judgment you've received - or have you just had a text/email from UKS&S about the judgment ?

admin@legalbeagles.info

I'll just get a link for you as someone else is in same boat this afternoon too.

Sharon xx

edit: just found other post - have merged threads together.
        My daughter has today forwarded me a text telling her that a CCJ has been awarded against her. This was by the now notorious British Passport Services. They have harassed her for payment for the last 12 months. She is a student andleft her address last July. Every few months they would threaten further action. She would have defended the application and explained that she did not use there service and told them she would not be attending the appointment they had booked.

I feel sure that should the issue be put to a judge the order would have not been granted. My daughter has not had a chance to defend the action. It does appear that an application to have the matter reheard. Could the matter be redirected to be heard in a Court near to her home address?
        Yes once the set aside application has gone in the case will be transferred to your local court.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Looking for help with British Passport Services and found this site.

Here we are http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ice-CCJ-Threat
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Re: Claiment texted to say Judgement awarded by Court. Would have defended if known a

ahh oops , replied to the welcome thread... will merge xxx
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X