• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice from Parking & Enforcement Agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice from Parking & Enforcement Agency

Hi,

During the bank holiday Monday we were parking in a parking lot in Montrose Crescent, Wembley which is run by the PEA. We went in two cars and we paid for one hour and displayed the ticket. For some reason it took more time for us to finish the food in the restaurant and we then realised that we over ran it by 10 minutes and rushed to the parking lot to find the parking charge notice been left on the windscreen of both the cars.

It says we need to pay 100£ charge and it will be reduced to 60£ if we pay within 14 days which ends by 19th of April.

Please advise me what I must do now.

Last year I had such a parking notice experience while parked in one of the motorway services ran by Parking Eye. It was mystery who helped me out of it by advising me to send an appeal and after which I got a popla code and did the rest of the formality. After that the charge was cancelled for which I am still very grateful to mystery and the rest of the people in the forum.

Regards
    Vadi
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice from Parking & Enforcement Agency

The process is the same. You appeal to the parking company as before and they should give you a POPLA code if they are members of BPA.

Comment

Thanks Ostell.
      They have an appeal page and in that they are asking for many details like, address, phone number, are you the driver, are you the registered keeper etc., All these fields are mandatory.
      Is it ok if I give these information to them while filling the form?

Comment

NO, do not give them any information about driver etc. In fact for the time being wait for the Notice to Keeper to arrive after 28 days. This will cost them some money and gives them a chance to make a mess of keeper liability.

With the NTK in hand then appeal. Others will help with the appeal. Basically you will be telling them that their claim is not a Genuine Pre-Estimate Of Loss, they do not have the standing to make the charge, the signage was unclear.

Others will be along to help further

Comment

OK.
          <gives them a chance to make a mess of keeper liability. >- I don't quite understand what you mean by here.
          And, after 28 days when I receive a Notice to Keeper when I appeal, I still need to provide them the driver details in their appeal page right?
          Also, is there any advantage in appealing with the NTK in hand?

Comment

Re: Parking Charge Notice from Parking &amp; Enforcement Agency

There are statutory requirements which must be met to pass the liability on to the keeper otherwise they can only ask the driver for money which is pretty hard if they don't know who it is. There is no such statutory requirement to hold the driver liable.

With the Ntk in hand we can spot any flaws :okay:

M1

Comment

Me and my friend received our respective PCNs by post yesterday.
              You can find it attached.

Please verify if this is what we were expecting to receive.

I assume I should be directly appealing in their website.

In the back of the notice it is mentioned that "If your appeal is rejected you will be provided with the details of how to refer the matter to an Independent Appeals Service ("IAS"), along with a unique reference number.

Now, is this IAS same as the POPLA?

Comment

Last edited by softsword; 12th May 2015, 08:57:AM. Reason: cannot delete this post

Comment

attachment missed in the last post...
                  added now

Comment

Originally posted by softsword View Post
                    Me and my friend received our respective PCNs by post yesterday.
                    You can find it attached.

Please verify if this is what we were expecting to receive.

I assume I should be directly appealing in their website.

In the back of the notice it is mentioned that "If your appeal is rejected you will be provided with the details of how to refer the matter to an Independent Appeals Service ("IAS"), along with a unique reference number.

Now, is this IAS same as the POPLA?

IAS is more a kangaroo court which requires you to prove every point you make. Happily the notice to keeper looks invalid. I will write an appeal soon.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1.
                      I will await your appeal content and steps to proceed now.

Comment

Initial appeal as regsitered keeper to the company.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure.The driver was a customer of the restaurant. In any event your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed as it does not comply with the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4. As such i, as registered keeper, do not have any liability. Please contact the driver. It is also noted that the charges are penal in nature and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

I would not appeal too early. Leave it until 2/3 days before the deadline as you do not wish to give them a chance to send a compliant NTK within the 56 days allowed

M1

Comment

Thanks M1.

One thing I noted with the content is - "The driver was a customer of the restaurant"
                          I don't understand how relevant it is because the car park is no way related to the restaurant and it is 5 minutes away from the restaurant we went to.

Comment

I usually go with the driver didn't see any signs but as you'd paid i needed something different without telling a lie. I didn't know the 2 were separate. Just make something up that suits :okay:

M1

Comment

"I didn't know the 2 were separate" - does this leave us in any state of disadvantage because of this?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X