• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default Applied Unduly Late

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Default Applied Unduly Late

Others may think differently but stopping paying is rarely a good idea.

Whilst you might be right in that considerable further costs could be incurred, you may well find yourself lumbered with them.

Comment

Well not costs from the FOS - those are strictly the liability of the company, and each case they look at (after your first, I think, 25) costs around £550.00, even if as the company the complaint isn't upheld.

At the end of the day all I actually want is for this company to accurately report on my accounts. I am paying, every month, and upholding my end of the agreement whilst they are not. I didn't even ask them for compensation at first. I have approached them, been reasonable and given them plenty of time to correct their failings yet this has been on going for over 6 months now and they still haven't resolved it. So what does a consumer do, what I've so often done in the past, roll over and let them tickle my belly or do I bare my teeth and, if needed, bite the buggers on the arse because if I don't go to court or don't stop paying and raise it with the FOS they will do nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by L1882 View Post
        Well not costs from the FOS - those are strictly the liability of the company, and each case they look at (after your first, I think, 25) costs around £550.00, even if as the company the complaint isn't upheld.
        Yes, I was talking about court action which is what you were contemplating in post 11 and what I have been responding to.

The most extreme case I have been involved with is where the claimant wanted accurate information removing from their (medical) records. They ended up in a two day trial and a £70k costs bill at the end of it.

The FOS apply their principles of fairness rather than the ore rigid framework of statute and common law.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemLS View Post
          Others may think differently but stopping paying is rarely a good idea.

Whilst you might be right in that considerable further costs could be incurred, you may well find yourself lumbered with them.
          Never a good idea to stop payments while a complaint is in process.

nem

Comment

I am not clear why you are considering court action.

Have you complained to the ICO? If you have, why did they reject your complaint?

You can also go to the Financial Ombudsman.

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post

Have you complained to the ICO? If you have, why did they reject your complaint?

A complaint is in progress.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post

In answer to you first question, last time I checked I was well within my rights to use the courts rather than the toothless friend of business the ICO.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X