• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Taxi Cooperative

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxi Cooperative

We are a taxi cooperative nothing signed etc we just work together to fight off the effects of deregulation. Around 9 months ago one of our group who had left for pastures new returned when things did not work out for him on hospital contracts. Anyway he kept saying those on day shift would do alright when a big contract came off at his wife's company. Sure enough around January/February bookings started to come in and he told us it would be maybe a year and could go on for 2/3 years.

Only just over a week ago he left without a word taking one of the cooperative with him and also his brother in law to do this work. OK I hear you say nothing signed but the company which his wife started with somebody else and it says so on their website is a non profit organisation. I also am lead to believe she is a non profit director. Surely by her husband doing these taxi fares then the money is coming back to her by a third party she is making a profit out of this organisation? Not illegal I would gather but surely unethical and a conflict of interest? At the end of the day this contract is paid out of public money. I have no problems with taxis being used as the people being transported would struggle to make it to these courses. I am however annoyed that after looking into it properly her husband is doing some of these fares?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X