• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

alexander v British Passport Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: alexander v British Passport Services

The £86.00 service fee you pay our independent organisation for this service is non-refundable and is payment for use of our online booking form, a passport advisor checking the details you entered for through the online form for any errors or omission, moving the details over to the 04 form, a 30 minute consultation with a senior passport advisor, Emergency Travel Document Card and free postage to send your application to the Passport Office.
    So they charge for checking errors, which presumably includes making them, and the charge also includes FREE postage. Right.

Comment

Never received free posting, nor the free travel assistance, and no consultation either. My wife is Mrs Eileen Macdonald , not Ms Macdonald only the fools at BPS us that title.

Comment

Yes the form you completed stated Mrs. They have ticked the wrong box.

The second page of the passport form wasn't completed at all ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Yes the form you completed stated Mrs. They have ticked the wrong box.
          The BPS form is ticked Mrs.

Alexander, the complaint letters you sent me say you paid £176, is that right?

Comment

Yes, at the time of the letter I also had an application for a passport outstanding with BSP, but I was not aware the money wallet had not setup properly at Hipay. My £86 was returned as soon as the credit card company got involve, and as not been an issue, because BSP never actions any work for me. The £4 extra was because I got my sums wrong thats how the £176 total was reached.

Comment

Ok so just to be clear they are only disputing your wife's payment for £86?

Also on the 04 form your wife's name and title (Mrs) appears to be correct, so what is the issue there?

Comment

Yes, only my wife £86. The 04 is correct, they occassionaly address e.mails to Ms Macdonald or Ms McDonald, they not even very good at copying names that are displayed in front of them.

Comment

Ok thanks, I just wanted to clarify that the Ms/Mrs point wasn't an issue as far as the dispute about accuracy of the form is concerned.

In one of the e-mails they sent you they say that they arranged an appointment at the passport office for you. What do you know about that?

One of the site team suggested it might be a good idea to e-mail the passport office with their form, pointing out the errors and asking if it would be acceptable as is. If we can get confirmation that it wouldn't be it may discourage them from issuing claim and even if it doesn't it would be very useful for your defence. You could also try going to your local post office and ask the same.

Would you like me to draft an e-mail for you to send to the passport office?

Comment

Nothing at all about appointment with passport offiice. Yes I. Would you to send e.mail to me for passport office.

Comment

This is what you need to send attaching both pages of the form BPS sent you. I'm just trying to find the right e-mail address to send it to so bear with me.

Dear Sir/Madam

My wife would like to renew her passport but unfortunately we have difficulty in filling forms. We would be extremely grateful if you could confirm that the attached form is correctly filled out and would be acceptable for us to apply for the renewal of the passport.

Regards

[Your names]

Comment

There doesn't appear to be an e-mail address that's published so in order to generate one fill out this form https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/out...Enquiries.ofml and when they respond use that e-mail address to send it to.

When you fill out the form in the link above don't fill in anything where it asks for an application number and where it says 'tell us about your enquiry' put ''I need some advice on filling out a passport application form''.

Comment

OK will do.

Comment

Just sent copies of complaint sent to BSP on 30/1/15. I think I have found a e.mail address for Gov. Passport Office I will give it a try. It is newport@hmpo.gsi.gov.uk

Comment

Yes got them - just looking. Well done for finding the address, give it a go.

Comment

E.mail sent to Passport Office

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X