• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ukpc parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ukpc parking fine

My friends mum was parked in McDonalds for over 2 hours and got parking ticket! Any advice on how to get rid of the fine this site helped a lot when parking eye got me thanks much appreciated in advance!
    Tags: None

Re: Ukpc parking fine

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see any signs. In any event your charges are penal in nature and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

If you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If they supply a popla code please return and i'll sort out a popla appeal for you.

M1

Comment

Thanks mate will let you know outcome

Comment

Friends email

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your correspondence concerning your Charge Notice.

This PCN was issued legally and correctly according to the British Parking Association Approved Operators Scheme.

Given that the signage is displayed in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, the fact that you were unaware of this is not considered a mitigating circumstance for appeal.

The amount owed is a genuine pre-estimate of the losses incurred in managing the parking location to ensure compliance with the clearly-displayed Terms and Conditions. However, in Parking Eye Ltd v Beavis, it was found, both at County Court and Court of Appeal level, that appealing a Parking Charge Notice on the basis that the amount is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss is, in fact, not a successful legal defence.

In light of this, on this occasion, your representations have been carefully considered and rejected.

We can confirm that we will hold the charge at the current rate for a further 14 days from the date of this correspondence.

Yours faithfully,

UK Parking Control Limited

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone help my friend this was the reply to mystery ones... Original email he told me to tell him to send
        Thanks in advance

Comment

Re: Friends email

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

Comment

Do you have the original PCN and pictures (if possible) of the signs ?

M1

Comment

Yes my mate sent me the pictures of the signs... I'll ask him about the original PCN

Comment

He has the original PCN too [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] what do you need to know

Comment

I want to see if it complies with PoFA and also what timings they use, what the contravention that they claim is.

M1

Comment

Is there any way to upload pictures?

Comment

Go advanced and use the paperclip or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjnPAhAdxZQ

M1

Comment

Here
                        Attached Files

Comment

It looks woefully inadequate, do you have the back of it ?

M1

Comment

Here mate
                            Attached Files

Comment

That's actually a reminder. It's the original we need.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X