• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

company are holding on to payment for no apparent reason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• company are holding on to payment for no apparent reason

first of all this is my first post and i have never wrote on a forum before ,i would like to say hi to everyone and thankyou for any help received,

hi ,i am self employed ,have been for the last nine years,the past four years i have done transport and recovery mainly for big branches everyone will recognize,all in all i have 27 customers that up until now i have had no problems with at all ,late payment yes but nothing out of the ordinary.my problem is with a small local garage (that is part of a nationwide group e/h), iv carried out work for them for years now but recently (in the last six months )all the staff have changed and not for the better. around 2 months ago i had a heated discussion with a senior member of sales(sales leader) ,basically he needed the car for the Tuesday and i was unable without dropping another customer to get the car till the Wednesday,he spoke to me like a slave and i told him to get the car himself in so many words ,he put the phone down on me . i have 4 unpaid invoices stretching back to last year , i have sent now 15 email requests to their accountant for the payments, spoke to him 6 times (accountants reply is that he passed them to the sales leader months ago and he has not returned them and until he does nothing can be done )and as a final resort sent an email to the DP explaining everything that had gone on and why i thought he might be holding payment back ,with no reply.i don't really trust myself to go to the branch as i work on a fine line and at the moment my account is over drawn and its got my on the bottom to the point im struggling to work . any one no how i can resolve this legally and quickly ,they owe me over 5g. kind regards to all .
    Tags: None

Re: company are holding on to payment for no apparent reason

Hello and welcome to the Forum.
    You seem to have a straightforward case.
    Your next step is to send the debtor company a "Letter before action". You state on the letter that this is what it is.
    You allow them 14 days to pay your debts, in default of which you will issue a claim via the county court.
    You can do this online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
    Let us know what happens after you've sent that letter, preferably by recorded delivery.
    We'll help you.

Comment

Hi again everyone , just like to say thankyou sean5302 ,sorted 90% of my payments out with your advice .

Comment

You might also want to Google...

"late payment of commercial debts"

This is an act of law that entitles you to a flat fee plus interest at 8% over base for late payments. There are online calculators to help you work this out. This is the amount you could claim in your "letter before action" letter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X