• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Paid an overdue CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid an overdue CCJ

Hi

I have just paid £237 to Debt Action Limited for a claim filled against me on 21/1/15 for a parking fine on 11/7/2013. The first I knew about it was on a Experian report, Aside from getting a certificate to say I have paid it can I apply to have it set aside as it was sent to my old adress which I moved for on 16/5/14. The lady I spoke to said they would not contest it.

I just want this matter resolved now as it has effected my ability to get house insurance!

Any advice greatly appeciated!

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Paid an overdue CCJ

Yes you can apply for set aside, there is a court fee to pay.

The best bet is to write to Debt Action ( look up the name of a director/MD/CEO " suggesting " that they get the judgement set aside as they sent the claim to the wrong address, this together with the fact the judgement has bee satisfied may well be successful.

This should not affect your ability to get insurance unless you are getting it on instalments.

nem

Comment

It would be an unusual application to set aside a judgment which had been satisfied, however, on the strict construction of Part 13 of the CPR (13.3) I can't see why such an application couldn't be made.

You have to show that you have a real prospect of successfully defending the claim OR that there is some other good reason why it should be set aside.

Obviously, having paid it, you can't really claim the first limb of the test is met but you may be able to persuade the court that the second is. The fact that they won't contest it may mean that you can simply submit a consent order.

Comment

The Claimant has stated the set aside will not be contested so there is no problem of filing a " defence".

nem

Comment

Thanks for the responses! I am glad to hear there is some hope for me!

Are there standard forms to file a 'consent order' or 'defence'?

That may sound like a stupid question.... but from a non legal back ground this stuff is as clear as mud!

Comment

Many household insurance quotes now ask if you have ccj's and can affect the premium accordingly

Comment

Yes from a premium of £116 it jumpend to £523!!

Comment

You really should shop around, premiums should be much less than that , even if there is someone in the house with a criminal conviction....unless you are insuring lots of valuable high risk items

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X