Thread: 1st credit help

• Display

Inactive

Mentions
    141 Post(s)

Default Re: 1st credit help

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis45 View Post
    OK Joe that's great,

My learned friend an colleague (QC) here beside me agrees court action is a No, No on this.

nem
    Creditors often issue claims hoping for default judgment or an undefended claim, even when the debt is SBd. Debt purchasers like 1st Crud don't exactly get a load of paperwork when they buy debts so they may not even know themselves whether something is SBd or not.

Rather than just saying it's not an option, it's always better to make sure the OP is prepared and armed with as much info as they can so they can challenge the creditor at the pre-court stage and defend any claim made if it comes to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joedempsey View Post
    thanks nibbler what do you think of firstly writing them a kind letter stating the fact its nearly 20 years old and unfortunately i wasn't educated with the statute barred issues and to the fact they have received all this money and with it being statute barred many years before you came along would you kindly close this account.

and if that fails then send a CCA request?
    It's not how old the account is but whether there was a clear period of at least six years without payment or written acknowledgment before payments were restarted.

VIP Member

Mentions
    1624 Post(s)

Yes I'm aware of all that
    Thank you for your input.

nem
    The Advice I Give and Draft Letters Provided Are Drawn From Personal Experience and Career Training And Are Given Freely And Without Liability.
    Please make your own decisions with care and if necessary seek qualified legal advice.
    I will not advise by Private Message. If Specific Advice is Needed please Tag me in your post by typing @Nemesis45 . If you receive messages from anyone offering advice for a fee please report it to the site team. Animo et Fide.

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Hi all update of our CCA Request.... And to be honest don't if to laugh or cry.
    just 1 page with no prescribed terms and a 10 year loan at 0% !!!!!'

Now the signature looks real but no way did she sign that in 2005 and no way was a loan 0 % especially from HFC.

I Know people on here say you won't have issues signing letters and stuff but this CCA slaps photo shop all over it.
    I've uploaded the 1 pager so thoughts please and what would you reply back to that or would you go straight to the FCA.

- - - Updated - - -

Try this way
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Reading it properly it says borrowed £4800 payable over 120 months at £40 a month total amount £4800!

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

try this scanned copy see if its better
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scan0002.jpg  

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

it gets better this supposed to be statement from HFC check he payments on the right.
    i think this is an old connaught statement now pretending to be an HFC statement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scan0003.jpg  

VIP Member

Mentions
    1624 Post(s)

Inclined to agree on the validity of that statement exactly the same type face as 1st Credit/ Connaught.

nem
    The Advice I Give and Draft Letters Provided Are Drawn From Personal Experience and Career Training And Are Given Freely And Without Liability.
    Please make your own decisions with care and if necessary seek qualified legal advice.
    I will not advise by Private Message. If Specific Advice is Needed please Tag me in your post by typing @Nemesis45 . If you receive messages from anyone offering advice for a fee please report it to the site team. Animo et Fide.

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Nem can you take a look at the agreement ...no loan was ever 0% for 10 years so it must be fraud. They have definstly copied and pasted that signature

VIP Member

Mentions
    1624 Post(s)

What page is the agreement on Joe??

nem

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

What page is the agreement on Joe??

nem
    just above nem

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what do do with this can't believe they would take a CCA request its unreal

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry nem post 30

VIP Member

Mentions
    1624 Post(s)

Nem can you take a look at the agreement ...no loan was ever 0% for 10 years so it must be fraud. They have definstly copied and pasted that signature
    I'll tell you what I see Joe.

1. Two sections side by side:
    2. (a) for personal use: £00 (b) for repayment of existing accounts £4,800.
    3. Repayment (a) £00 (b) £40.00 pcm.
    4. If this is all that has been provided it seems short on T's & C's.
    5. Signature panel looks ok. Please clarify where you believe it is faulty.

nem

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

I'll tell you what I see Joe.

1. Two sections side by side:
    2. (a) for personal use: £00 (b) for repayment of existing accounts £4,800.
    3. Repayment (a) £00 (b) £40.00 pcm.
    4. If this is all that has been provided it seems short on T's & C's.
    5. Signature panel looks ok. Please clarify where you believe it is faulty.

nem
    hi nem thanks for taking a look yes this is all the ts & CSs sent...the agreement says % for 10 years no loan from HFC would be % for 10 years
    and she confirms she didn't take this out in 2005

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

hi nem thanks for taking a look yes this is all the ts & CSs sent...the agreement says % for 10 years no loan from HFC would be % for 10 years
    and she confirms she didn't take this out in 2005
    Also there is no account number on the agreement just an application number

VIP Member

Mentions
    1624 Post(s)

No it is clear on the " agreement " £ 4800.00 " repayment of other accounts" @ £40.00 pcm.
    The Loan " for own use" is the zero section.
    Confusing is the lack of an APR,:
    The loan was to repay EXISTING ACCOUNTS were these HFC accounts?
    Was the actual sum used to pay the existing accounts £4800.00, or was the balance of the existing accounts a lower figure?
    Interest front loaded?

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Same thing I think on these agreements.
    nem

- - - Updated - - -

nem

- - - Updated - - -

nem

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

No it is clear on the " agreement " £ 4800.00 " repayment of other accounts" @ £40.00 pcm.
    The Loan " for own use" is the zero section.
    Confusing is the lack of an APR,:
    The loan was to repay EXISTING ACCOUNTS were these HFC accounts?
    Was the actual sum used to pay the existing accounts £4800.00, or was the balance of the existing accounts a lower figure?
    Interest front loaded?

nem

- - - Updated - - -thanks nem

nem

- - - Updated - - -

nem

- - - Updated - - -

nem
    Thanks nem the APR is the bit which is not ringing sense and the 2005 agreement is def a no no.
    think a SARS request to HFC is on the cards

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Thanks nem the APR is the bit which is not ringing sense and the 2005 agreement is def a no no.
    think a SARS request to HFC is on the cards
    Also thanks for your inputI nemesis but I disagree .... Any agreement should show the APR regardless if it's front loaded or monthly....that's why I think it's fake.

The statement we know is fake so why after one week they produce a signed agreement?
    Its funny she signed a Connaght letter around 2007 and suddenly they produce an agreement that's why I am the camp you should never sign anything a DCA is involved in..,..murky world.....

Regards. Joe

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

can anyone help with this agreement some still having a difficult time wondering if its fake.. faults i can see.

no prescribed terms (this is just one page)
    signature looks real but there is 0% APR mentioned and this somehow doesn't seem right.
    should there be more terms and conditions to satisfy a CCA request?
    nemesis thinks it could be a front loaded loan but that would still have to show an APR on the agreement.
    no account number on the agreement just an application number(not sure about that one)
    normally agreements would have the HFC logo top centre (not 100% on this one either)
    all the agreements i've seen have the creditors full address above or below the borrowers address.
    And also you usually the name of the company registered number at the foot of the agreement.

can anyone else find any faults in this it doesn't seem right to me...

- - - Updated - - -

sorry the agreement is on my post 30 page 2 of this thread

Site Owner

Mentions
    1752 Post(s)

HFC did loans for places like land of leather / DFS etc - interest free (due to overegged upfront prices) so it's not beyond the pail it was 0% interest, though over 10 years is a bit bananas.

Yours does say though it is for repaying existing accounts - so need to know what existing account those were, maybe the original loan took out in 1995 ?

I def think a SAR is in order asking for everything back to 1994/5
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Site Owner

Mentions
    1752 Post(s)

ahh also looks like they refinanced a bunch of credit cards and offered interest free over 10 years on balances if you didn't want to carry on with the card and interest rate increases.... so could be something like that ?

eg
    I actually took HFC up on this offer. They reduced my debt to 35% of what was owing and then I am repaying it by 120 payments interest free. I signed a new loan agreement with them and they showed the old loan as fully satisfied.
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
    HFC did loans for places like land of leather / DFS etc - interest free (due to overegged upfront prices) so it's not beyond the pail it was 0% interest, though over 10 years is a bit bananas.

Yours does say though it is for repaying existing accounts - so need to know what existing account those were, maybe the original loan took out in 1995 ?
    thanks amethyst she thinks its related to the 1995 one but definitely not % apr ...if is a loan would it have to show an apr even if its front loaded.?
    will this pass a cca request?
    I def think a SAR is in order asking for everything back to 1994/5
    Thanks amethyst she thinks its related to the 1995 one but definitely not % apr ...if is a loan would it have to show an apr even if its front loaded.?
    will this pass a cca request?
    she doesnt think it looks right.

Site Owner

Mentions
    1752 Post(s)

It wasn't front loaded interest it would be either a deal on a credit card or an overpriced sofa at 10 yrs interest free credit... something like that.

It does show an APR it just happens to be 0%, and the maths add up, in that no interest is being charged...

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

It wasn't front loaded interest it would be either a deal on a credit card or an overpriced sofa at 10 yrs interest free credit... something like that.

It does show an APR it just happens to be 0%, and the maths add up, in that no interest is being charged...
    no she says definitely a loan ... shes never had a credit card ...and its defiantly not sofa(lol) especially at that price....

Site Owner

Mentions
    1752 Post(s)

Get the Subject Access Request off, that should answer lots of questions.

My point really is the 0% is the APR it is in the agreement and doesn't necessarily make it fraud.

TO be fully enforceable that agreement should come with attached terms and conditions so you could also ask for those to fulfil their obligations under the CCA but I'd keep any fraud allegations to yourself at least until you know.

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Get the Subject Access Request off, that should answer lots of questions.

My point really is the 0% is the APR it is in the agreement and doesn't necessarily make it fraud.

TO be fully enforceable that agreement should come with attached terms and conditions so you could also ask for those to fulfil their obligations under the CCA but I'd keep any fraud allegations to yourself at least until you know.
    Ok thanks I need to get it sorted SARS is the way to go....

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Just an update i sent 1st Credit an letter asking about the statement they sent (post 31 this thread) and asked why if they purchased in 2007 would we get a statement for 2010 supposedly to be from HFC?.
    without mentioning it being a fake but strongly wording the letter that something wasn't adding up..
    I also mentioned Ts&Cs were missing from our CCA request.
    The reply letter back from 1st credit... We Would like to help you get debt free quicker we will reduce it by 50% and you pay just £19 a month for 8 years!!! therefore reducing the debt by 50%.. ring our helpful advisors to take up this incredible offer...etc.

Any thoughts anyone?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast