• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Parking Charge Notice

Hi,

Last night I had a Parking Charge Notice placed on my windscreen from MET Parking Services: £100 penalty, reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days.

My car was parked right outside the front door of my block of flats in a private development - for context, the building has an underground car park which residents are expected to use at all times, and there is in theory supposed to be no parking at all on the street (presumably to make it a more pleasant environment). In practice, residents routinely leave their cars on the street if briefly stopping off for loading - it is a very quiet street with ample space and no road markings and this does not obstruct anyone - and I have never once seen a notice issued for this in 9 months.

My car was observed from 21:37 to 21:47, and was parked from roughly 21:35 to 21:55. There are very clear signs on lampposts stating that parking is not allowed and that a £100 penalty can be issued, but given that a) I was causing no obstruction nor preventing anyone else parking on the street (there was plenty of room); b) at that time of the evening there is a very good chance nobody even passed along the street while my car was parked anyway, so if the restriction is on ambience grounds my car likely affected nobody, I feel like an appeal on the grounds that £100 is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss is my best bet - should I give notice that I intend to make this appeal and ask for a POPLA code immediately, or wait for the Notice to Keeper?

Don't think there's much point trying to claim I don't know who the driver was, as my address as the registered keeper is exactly where the car was parked! But if anyone would still recommend claiming this, I'll edit my post accordingly.

EDIT: Also interesting that MET have this page on their website trying to deter you from appealing - http://www.metparking.com/our_servic...egalities.html which seems like bullying tactics if ever I saw them...

Thanks!
    Last edited by GP24; 8th April 2015, 12:45:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: MET Parking Charge Notice

Yes appeal as registered keeper. They have no idea who was actually driving and may fail the test for keeper liability !

Also check your lease. Is the ground actually private property ? If so, who does it belong to.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X