• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Co habitation split

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co habitation split

My partner and I have split up under bitter circumstances. The house is in his name but I invested £41,000 into the property. I have all the proof; bank statements with the receipts of the transaction, also receipts for what I put into the property; lights; paint ;electrics; granite work surface etc.. I had the TV broadband in my name in the 7 years, the last 3 the council tax and water too. I lived like a servant, waiting on him hand and foot, all the household maintenance I bought, all the food and I cooked every night I also made breakfast, packed lunches for him, gardening etc.. I have 2 children - 15 and 18 .He was a bully and a thug and we put up with it too keep a roof over our heads for 7 years as rents are so high. Matters came to a head this month; he had being away for 6 months and came back and threw us out after attacking me and causing criminal damage to my things. He is on bail and not allowed to come to the house. The mortgage and deeds are in his name, he has now served us a notice to leave the property by 30th April or he will serve us a possession order to vacate the property after he promised he would never do this to us. Before we moved in with him we had a home, I sold my house and gave him my proceeds, now I have nothing but the money tied up here which he claims is rent I cannot afford a solicitor to fight the case. What I want to know is am I entitled to my money back as he is set to make £260,000 on the property. I'm left homeless. We have been together 8 years, I got a form from the courts talata to file but I am fighting a losing battle, I need that money. He has money to fight me please help, I gave £18,000 before he purchased the property and a further £180000 after. Do I have a claim?

Re: Co habitation split

Hi and welcome.
    I won't comment on your circumstances and ex,but I am pretty sure it won't be that easy to remove you.
    This being Easter weekend, there aren't may of the regular posters on hand, but just hang in and the help will arrive.

Comment

Re: Co habitation split

Hi

One of the more experienced members will probably answer this better for you but, yes, you do have a claim against the property if you can prove you put money in.

1. Notify the land registry of your interest in the property
      2 He would struggle to get an eviction on you, thats a long way down the line ( as longs as the mortgage is being paid. )

who has been paying the morgagee ? ( regardless, you still have a claim )
      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X