• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ParkingEye - County Court Bussiness Centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ParkingEye - County Court Bussiness Centre

Unsure if i can relax or worry more!

Upon receiving a few letters from Parking Eye i just ignored them per usual, i pulled into the Range Car park one evening around 10:30pm to check my tyres as my car informed me of a change in diameter. Thought nothing of it as the Range was closed and them issuing tickets during the night with their automated camera's, didn't even cross my mind, nor should it be a problem!.

So speak to a friend, made an account of moneyclaim gov uk website as instructed, entered the claim details which Parking Eye's came up, i chose the option to allow my self 28 days from the issue date on the claim form, ticked the box to defend in full and I've been rattling my brain to come up with a defense, it's been around 4 - 5 days since i made the account ect, while attempting to login today my account was completely wiped off their system (made another account, same email)

So logged in my new account, attempted to import the claim first as i thought it may still be attached to my lost account, to no avail, so i try the usual way to check the claim as instructed from the court claim and again it tells me the claim does not exist.

(the claim returned so i suppose its still there!)

The passwords/ID's are all correct as i took note of them! Any suggestions or advice on what happens next will be greatly appreciated!
    Jason
    Last edited by JasonRox; 7th April 2015, 14:01:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: ParkingEye - County Court Bussiness Centre

Contact the court on Tuesday.

If you want help constructing a defence post up as much detail (letters signs etc) as possible.

M1

Comment

i would definitely appreciate that mystery1! My mind is completely blank when it come's to this sort of stuff, I've attached the court claim letter, unfortunately i binned the letters from Parking Eye.

i will get some photo's of the car park and signage, like most parking eye controlled sites the signs in this car park are so high up even me at 5'11 couldn't possibly read it, and the small print is really tiny.

(added the entrance of the car park from Google maps)

Jason
      Attached Files

Comment

Beavis is going to be 2 weeks at least as the courts are on Easter break. The defence is due to be lodged by 25/4/15 based on an issue date of 23/3/15 and the AOS having been filed.

What i would do is ask for an extension to the period for filing your defence.

Dear Parking Eye,

As you will no doubt be aware the last date for filing a defence in this case is 25/04/15. You will also be aware that the Parking Eye v Beavis court of appeal judgement is due soon. In light of this i would seek your agreement pursuant to CPR 15.5 that the defence filing date be extended to 23/05/15 being the maximum allowed.

It makes no sense to rush matters before the handing down of Beavis as the arguments would need changing which would incur time and expense for all parties and the court which is contrary to the over riding objective. I note that Parking Eye popla appeals are being held over for this exact reason.

Yours etc

If they fail to agree your request, which they probably will, we can do the defence then (before 25th) and it also helps raise unreasonable behaviour on the part of the claimant which could help with costs further down the line.

Did you contact the court yet ?

M1

Comment

thanks for the reply, the only contact i've had with this court website is defending in full (admitting no fault on my behalf) i'm very new to this stuff. When i contact parking eye regarding an extension is that via the moneyclaim website?

Thank you

Comment

No. Via the claimant details on the claim form or their email.

M1

Comment

okay i will do that right away

will info@parkingeye.co.uk be okay to use?

Comment

Should be.

M1

Comment

Hey Mystery1,

Just to keep you updated, i sent Parking Eye an email last Friday as you suggested, they emailed me back requesting either case ID/or my reg so i gave them the car reg in question, I've not received any further mail from them. I don't think they intend to either.

Jason

Comment

Probably not but you can always phone them and see what excuses they wish to trot out just to pass the time.

M1

Comment

here is the long awaited reply from ParkingEye

PHP Code:
                      Dear Jason,

Thank you for your correspondence in this matter

ParkingEye has no objection to an extension of the filing deadline for your defenceHoweverthis is under the proviso that you must notify the Court in writing

Kind Regards,
                      ParkingEye Enforcement Team 
                      couple days until the dead line i believe

Comment

It is your responsibility to notify the court. Drop them an email after you confirm the actual date with PE. Include the email to the court.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X