• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can anyone help. landlord, lettings agent seem to have created a plan to move us out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help. landlord, lettings agent seem to have created a plan to move us out?

Hi there,

I would just like to explain my story and hope anyone here has the knowledge to help me out.

I wanted to rent a property with my partner, as we where expecting our first child so we looked online and found a suitable property, we chose this particular property it was a nice area and seemed reasonable for the money. We will fill in the application forms. A few days later we heard back from them asking if we could have a guarantor, so my parents where happy to put there names down as together we have a financially good track record. We pay all our fees and deposits over £1400 in total, we get the keys and all is good.

Months pass and we fall into a lump some of money, wanting to now buy the property we made arrangements to make a possible purchase. When first viewing the property the estate agent made it clear they own the tattoo shop in the central high street, so upon remembering that direct i thought to contact them directly and cut the middle man out. They where delighted we made contact and felt the same way about having all these fees imposed on them. We spoke briefly a few times and about our intentions to purchase the property and they where happy to talk numbers. As time went on the neighbours started to become noisy, rude and party till all hours of the morning. The walls on new build houses are just paper thin. We went down all normal avenues of trying to speak with them but the partying just intensified, we then booked hotels of a weekend for sleep.

We pulled on talks of purchasing the property, and terminating the contract when the tenancy was up.

They came back weeks later with a great offer. why not move into the detached house over the road they owned, great we thought, they suggest try it out, as we liked the area we could possibly purchase this house. They suggest we used the lettings agent for legal reasons and as a third party intermediary. They explained how the last tenants reported this and they would now sell that house to "get rid"

KEY FACTS
    • they (landlords) explained nothing would change, payment dates and rent amount would not change
    • they would start with another 12 month contract

we went down the lettings agent and proceeded to sign the documentation, upon a few pages in i noticed it said 6 months, i question this and told them i would not sign anymore till it was amended. She (lettings manager) phones the landlords to confirm, this was the case. It was an administrative error and she wrote ontop of the contract "will change from 6 months to 12 and post out new contract" upon this i singed and keys where handed over.

Fast forward 1 month and we receive a letter telling us we are £600 in arrears, shocked i emailed back to the lettings agent and asked why was this. The payments dates had been moved forward a whole calendar month, i explained that it was silly, as you know the dates i have always paid as its roughly my pay date give a day or two and also why i was beeing charged an admin fee when i was told there would not be an admin fee. While in the middling of emailing her, i questioned why my new tenancy has not arrived they explained that they would now wait 6 months and not charge me a renewal fee. I told then no that was not the deal, you told me it was an administrative error and would be sending out the new contract, we argued back and forth with me showing proof and also you ringing the landlords. I heard nothing back from them and presumed i was correct. Weeks passed and i eventuality got the payment dates changed to the original date and also the admin fees.

Today i got a letter stating the landlord would not be renewing the tenancy and would like the property vacated at the end of the six months.

This has come as a big shock to me. i thought this would be long term, but at least for 12 months.

I have all the conversations as email form and the original tenancy agreement with the handwritten amendment.

Could anyone help with what i can do in this situation, before anyone asks the money i was inherited wont be released until i find a suitable property.

thanks all.
    Tags: None

Re: Can anyone help. landlord, lettings agent seem to have created a plan to move us

SHAMLESS BUMP

thanks anyone who can help.

Comment

Re: Can anyone help. landlord, lettings agent seem to have created a plan to move us

Originally posted by blackberry View Post
      SHAMLESS BUMP

thanks anyone who can help.
      Hi welcome to LB, weekends and Bank Holidays are
      often a little quiet as the volunteers have family commitments .
      I am sure someone will be along to advise you as soon as they
      are available.

nem

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X