• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wright Hassall formal letter of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wright Hassall formal letter of claim

Hello,

I was hoping for some advice.
    I have a Vinci car park at work and many staff members regularly get parking tickets and so I was told to ignore all letters received (none of our permits have been renewed anyway so all out of date)
    Following that I had letters from ZZPS to get the money back and was told to ignore these also.
    This has led to letters from Wright Hassall solicitors informing me they will take out a CCJ if the amount isn't paid within 14 days (I haven't because I have been away from home).

I was wondering what happens next... will they send me a CCJ request? What happens if they do?
    (I've also heard that the solicitors can't take me to court as only the original company can do that)

Thanks in advance

Re: Wright Hassall formal letter of claim

Hi and welcome.
    Whilst awaiting for our resident expert, Mystery1, what was the date on that letter from Wright Hassall, and could you post it up (suitably redacted)
    Similarly with any earlier correspondence you may have retained.
    Is this a firm's car park managed by Vinci, and who told you to ignore any letters?

Comment

This is the latest letter and had one dated 11th March also.

It's a hospital site with car park managed by Vinci parking.
      Was told by other colleagues and on similar forums that best action is to ignore as they aim to bully you into paying. Have initial letters from Vinci which then turned into more expensive letters from ZZPS.
      Attached Files

Comment

Is this a hospital owned car park?

Comment

Yes the car parks are all part of the hospital owned site. Vini just 'manage' them

Comment

*Vinci

Comment

Have you approached your employers with a view to having them getting the charges cancelled, as from what you say I assume you should have a permit to park?

I note that the letter from the solicitors does not comply with he Practice Direction- Preaction protocols, which makes me wonder if this is not just further threats. [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

Comment

They usually don't get involved in anything parking related. We have permits issued if we are deemed to live far enough away to drive but pay a daily fee on top but as I mentioned originally everyone who has a permit has been out of date since October last year. If we park in a different place or they can't see the pay and display ticket we get a charge.

Comment

I'd ignore that to be honest. It's intent is to intimidate you in to paying. I might, if it were me, complain to the SRA as if the obtained a CCJ you have 28 days to pay and it won't be on your record for 6 years which a solicitor will know. It's taking unfair advantage of you.

A decent letter before action or court papers are all you need to worry about.

M1

Comment

I saw this from a search, so I joined. I'll probably be in the same court as you - make sure we go local. Perhaps we can share a lift and the parking charge. That one would be council controlled and legally enforceable.
                    I had a "formal notice" which I only opened by chance. Is that a letter before action?
                    This new batch of solicitors are the latest paramilitary attack dogs, following on from Graham White and GBP. They seem to be a bit more persistent.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X