• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Citylink-J.P. Associates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citylink-J.P. Associates

Hi Everyone-We are new to legal beagles but your fame has spread! I would realy like some help with this.

We run a small business which is mainly internet based. We used City Link to transport our goods. As you may be aware they went into receivership on Xmas eve. We had many items in their system which were not delivered and consequently not returned either. We also had some issues with damages prior to their demise which were being dealth with. We tried on several occasions between the Xmas and New Year and indeed into January to contact them via telephone to try retrieve our goods, but all calls went unanswered.
    J, P. Associates have been appointed by the receivers to gather monies in. They are demanding from us a total of £5,466. With a deduction of the missing and damaged items items costs we assess this to be just over £2000. We have asked JP to forward proof of delivery and invoices to back their claim up. All we have received from them is 'grouped' invoices and no pods despite asking for these on 4th March and again on the 24th March via email.
    I would like clarity on our position here. We can't really make a payment to them until we know what we are paying for.
    They have sent a demand-posted below and I would like to know the best way to handle these please.
    I would really appreciate any help with this as we can't afford to spend money on solicitors.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Citylink-J.P. Associates

I think all you can do is simply respond repeating your requests for the individual invoices and proof of deliveries emphasizing that, as like any business, you cannot reasonably be expected to pay anything without them. If they did issue a claim they'd have to produce them anyway.

Comment

You could also point out that the demand does not satisfy the requirements of Practice Direction preaction protocols, especially that which requires they list the documents on which they intend to rely ie invoices etc as mentioned by EXC

Comment

Thanks EXC and des8. I will send them a letter tomorrow and cover it with a copy via email so they can't say they have not received at least one copy.

Comment

Originally posted by coolkat View Post
          Thanks EXC and des8. I will send them a letter tomorrow and cover it with a copy via email so they can't say they have not received at least one copy.
          What progress have you made with this case recently? I am mentoring a business with the same issue and am keen to learn of any developments?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X