• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Minicredit OPOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minicredit OPOS

Took out a minicredit loan stating I was in receipt of benefits (got screen shots to prove that)
    My credit file was clearly shot , frankly I wouldn't have lent myself 10p let alone £200
    Failed to pay, debt went from £220 to over £1100 in a matter of weeks ( it took me a few weeks to contact minicredit because I had more pressing personal issues)
    Serious harassment from MC
    Defaulted me but amount on file was c £700

Last letter I wrote to them was rather strongly worded and is possibly on here somewhere

Have been getting phone calls and texts from OPOS , offering 50% discounts but nothing to say how much

Today received a letter stating I owe 1361.20

The last communication I had from minicredit was in late 2012 and did not receive a NOA, in addition just before they went belly up the amount owed on my credit file nearly doubled, I suspect in order to inflate the 'book' value of the debt

I have all the letters and emails from them although it will take some time to get them into chronological order

Any thoughts, do I tell them I have no NOA and to bugger off or do I ignore. My preference atm is just to ignore

Also as I said I have had no communication and made no payments or acknowledgements since Sept 2012, should I have been getting 6 monthly statements showing increase in charges etc ?

I am so out of the loop at the moment
    Tags: None

Re: Minicredit OPOS

Opos / kapama are the worst company I've ever had dealings with in my life. Opos have blocked my number from calling them are threatening me with harassment and all because they think they can demand £1100+ from a £80 loan off of Minicredit.
    They refuse to supply an original default notification or even a pound by pound break down of how on earth I could owe that money.
    They need to be shut down

Comment

I sent them an email and letter about 4 weeks ago, would have to check the date telling them they were harassing me and that I knew nothing about my liability to them for any debt with anyone. I have never received a NOA or letters telling me about the sale, or a valid DN come to that. Since then I have heard nothing, still on my credit file but at the moment that is no real big deal

Comment

this little bit of info may come in handy for anyone dealing with opos/kapama in relation to a loan with minicredit check the date you received any notice of assignment from opos/kapama. if you have a notice of assignment and it was received after the 29 Dec 2014 and you can prove it was received after the 29 dec 2014 then under the terms of mini credit cancelling its permission to operate a consumer credit business any debt not transfered by the 29 Dec 2014 had to be written off. under section 136 of the law of property act 1925 the date of legal transfer is the date you first recieved a notice of assignment. therefore if you received notice of assignment after 29 Dec 2014 opos cannot legally carry out debt collection activity on this account process your data or register any defaults.

Comment

Originally posted by Neonbuzzard View Post
          this little bit of info may come in handy for anyone dealing with opos/kapama in relation to a loan with minicredit check the date you received any notice of assignment from opos/kapama. if you have a notice of assignment and it was received after the 29 Dec 2014 and you can prove it was received after the 29 dec 2014 then under the terms of mini credit cancelling its permission to operate a consumer credit business any debt not transfered by the 29 Dec 2014 had to be written off. under section 136 of the law of property act 1925 the date of legal transfer is the date you first recieved a notice of assignment. therefore if you received notice of assignment after 29 Dec 2014 opos cannot legally carry out debt collection activity on this account process your data or register any defaults.
          How do you know when it was transferred. I hadn't heard anything in ages from minicredit in ages (since 2012), I've nothing at all on my credit report from micro/mini/opos/kapama, then since october 2015 I've had a text from opos about once a month for the debt of £380. Is there anyway to find out when it was transferred to them?

Comment

Hi this is very interesting because Kapama did email me in January 2015 to state that my debt had been assigned to them. I am still dealing with them and disputing the debt charges etc. I still have the email as proof they contacted me after the 29th December. Has anyone challenged it?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X