• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Setting aside a judgment - MKDP LLP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting aside a judgment - MKDP LLP

Hi All,

I really need urgent help please.
    I received a Judgment for Claimant for £10,780 dated 4th March 2015 - the letter was received on 10th March, 2015.
    The claimant is MKDP and I have written to the address on the judgment for 'Consent to set aside judgement', and to request a copy of the credit agreement the alleged debt refers to.
    I posted this letter on 11th March by recorded delivery but I have not received a reply back yet.
    I did not receive any court claim forms previously but the judgment letter says 'you have not replied to the claim form'.
    Do I complete a form N244 to apply for the judgment to be set aside straightaway or do I wait for MKDP to reply first?

What do I do next please?

Thank you - all advice gratefully received
    Tags: None

Re: Setting aside a judgment - MKDP LLP

Hi Welcome to LB,
    Why was judgement ordered in default did you not complete the acknowledgment of claim?
    A letter is no good you will have to apply to the court (N244) to have the judgement set aside and pay
    a fee £155.00.
    The agreement is superceded by the court judgement and MKDP does not have to produce it now.
    Wanting a copy of the CCA is not a valid reason for set aside, you Must have a viable defence to the original claim, and or be able to show that no claim was received and thus you could not defend.

What is the history of the debt?

nem
    Another query, you have received the judgement order at your current address, are you saying the claim was sent elsewhere?
    MKDP are not the most co operative at the best of times.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.
      No I did not complete an acknowledgement of claim because I did not receive one. But I did receive a judgement in default in the post at my current address.
      I will send you the details of the debt in a minute - I have asked for a copy of my credit file and just going through it

Comment

The debt relates to a Business overdraft with HSBC.
        The details on my credit file are:
        My credit file does not refer to HSBC at all; it says MKDP. Here is a snapshot of the account on my file with Callcredit & Equifax

Account opened

7 June 2006

Last Updated
        18 February 2015
        16 December 2014

Account Terms
        Monthly repayments
        Monthly repayments

Payments Started
        Not Recorded
        Not Recorded

Opening Balance
        £10,831
        £0

Lump Payment
        Not Recorded
        Not Recorded

Current Balance
        £10,780
        Closed 12 June 2009 (balance £10,780)

Credit Limit
        Not Reported
        Not Applicable

Monthly Change
        £0
        Not Available

Worst Status
        D

D

A notice of default has been served - this usually arises from non-payment.
        A notice of default has been served. This usually arises from non-payment.

Default Balance
        £10,831
        £10,831

Default Date
        12 June 2009
        June 2009

Default Satisfied Date
        Not Satisfied
        Not Reported

Reported Until
        June 2015
        June 2015

Comment

It is odd that you have received the judgement at your address with no problem but did not receive the
          claim documents, is there any other address that may have been used, is the address on the judgement
          the same as on the credit report?

nem

Comment

Hi there,

Yes the address on the judgment is the same as that on my credit file.
            I did move house 3 years ago so I don't know if the claim docs went to a previous address.
            I am just panicking now because I know time is of the essence in applying for a set aside to the Court

Comment

To set aside you must have a viable defence to the original claim + the no receipt of original documents
              What is the issue date of the claim?
              Another point as this is an overdraft can you recall when the banks first " demand for payment in full" was made?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                To set aside you must have a viable defence to the original claim + the no receipt of original documents
                What is the issue date of the claim?
                Another point as this is an overdraft can you recall when the banks first " demand for payment in full" was made?

nem
                Ok thanks - what is a viable defence?
                I have not had previous dealings with MKDP before.
                I believe the demand for payment was made by HSBC around 2007
                The issue date of the judment is March 4, 2015 - I don't know the issue date of the claim or is this the same date as the judgment?

Comment

Originally posted by Dee2015 View Post
                  Ok thanks - what is a viable defence?
                  I have not had previous dealings with MKDP before.
                  I believe the demand for payment was made by HSBC around 2007
                  The issue date of the judment is March 4, 2015 - I don't know the issue date of the claim or is this the same date as the judgment?
                  First you need to go for set aside on the grounds that you never received the claim Form.
                  They at the moment have judgement and can ENFORCE.
                  If you get the judgement set aside you then need to check when the formal demand was made by the bank this is very important if going down the SB route.
                  Good luck and move fast.

Comment

Hello Dee,
                    Were any payments made after that 2007 demand?
                    Need to research a little further but I am inclined
                    to think this may have been already SB when the claim
                    was issued.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X