• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN - Excel parking, Peel Centre Stockport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PCN - Excel parking, Peel Centre Stockport

Originally posted by ostell View Post
    So what is the "Offence" your car has allegedly committed? Best not to identify the drivers just in case.
    I have apparently parked without a ticket. So has my brother. We both got tickets but clearly the machine is not working properly.

- - - Updated - - -

To be clear, it is one of those machines where you enter your reg.

Comment

Has your brother retained his ticket?

So get signed statements from your brother's family that the ticket was purchased. Similarly you do the same for him. It does look as though therre was a failure of the machine. You will be asking for a copy of the log from the ticket machine at about the time you entered to see what it actually recorded. Could be the machine "lost" the data.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        Has your brother retained his ticket?

So get signed statements from your brother's family that the ticket was purchased. Similarly you do the same for him. It does look as though therre was a failure of the machine. You will be asking for a copy of the log from the ticket machine at about the time you entered to see what it actually recorded. Could be the machine "lost" the data.
        I visited this car part too on the 14th may, I remember every detail about it as it's the only time we have ever been there!

Anyway we parked up right near Costa, me and my son went it and my partner paid the parking (He even went back to the car to check the reg). We done our shopping and went back to the car in plenty of time.

2 days ago my partner received a letter saying he has a penalty charge for not purchasing a ticket (which he did 😡 )

We can't find the ticket anywhere as it was 4 weeks ago and our car gets cleaned every week. We didn't see the point in keeping an old pay and display ticket because we arrived back in time and no yellow parking ticket on the car.

Iv appealed online, I do think it's rediculous how you can't speak to any one, been trying all weekend 😡😡

Let me know how you get on xx

Comment

Originally posted by Gemandbailey View Post
          I visited this car part too on the 14th may, I remember every detail about it as it's the only time we have ever been there!

Anyway we parked up right near Costa, me and my son went it and my partner paid the parking (He even went back to the car to check the reg). We done our shopping and went back to the car in plenty of time.

2 days ago my partner received a letter saying he has a penalty charge for not purchasing a ticket (which he did 😡 )

We can't find the ticket anywhere as it was 4 weeks ago and our car gets cleaned every week. We didn't see the point in keeping an old pay and display ticket because we arrived back in time and no yellow parking ticket on the car.

Iv appealed online, I do think it's rediculous how you can't speak to any one, been trying all weekend 😡😡

Let me know how you get on xx
          Hi Gemma,

We received a notification from Excel saying that they have no record of us on their file. My brother has received the exact same email. I expect you will receive the same. I plan to see them in court if they want to progress, so does my brother. I expect that lots more people have had the same problem at the Peel Center on the 14th May. If we all stick together the judge will surely see they are trying it on.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Its strange that you also parked near Costa. It must be that particular machine that is playing up.

- - - Updated - - -

Its strange that you also parked near Costa. It must be that particular machine that is playing up.

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

Yes I'm thinking it must be that machine, they will have to prove that the machine is/was working fully at the time and we didn't get a ticket surely if they plan on progressing the matter.

I know we purchased a ticked so I will be taking this all the way!! I'm not paying £100 that I do not owe.

Good luck, keep me posted

Comment

I have received two parking notices, one for 15th May 2017 and the other from 17th June 2017.
              Tickets were definitely purchased
              I have appealed the notices but they have rejected the appeal.
              I have posted this information on this forum in the hope of some help but had no response yet, perhaps I have posted in the wrong section?
              the link to my post:
              http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...948#post735948

Comment

Hi i got a ticket from there also as at the time I didn't know it was pay and display, this was in February 2014, now BW legal are sending threatening letters saying I have until the 7th July to pay £259.70 or they will send bailiffs, what do I do.help please.

Comment

Hi Lenny0212
                  I am also in the same position as you (as my post below)
                  ostler has suggested that I request the machine log and check for discrepancies and also advice Excel that I am aware that other motorist have the same issues.
                  It would help all our causes if you also requested the logs and made them aware that other motorist were suffering the same problems
                  peakview120
                  It would be helpful if you acknowledged this post....thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Gemanbailey
                  I am also in the same position as you (as my post below)
                  ostler has suggested that I request the machine log and check for discrepancies and also advice Excel that I am aware that other motorist have the same issues.
                  It would help all our causes if you also requested the logs and made them aware that other motorist were suffering the same problems
                  peakview120
                  It would be helpful if you acknowledged this post....thanks

Comment

Hi,

In my appeal I had said that surely they will have a system to check such as a report from the ticket machine that will show that we purchased a ticket.
                    I have not had a reply from my appeal other than an automatic reply and this was weeks ago so I'm not sure what is happening with mine but I will keep you posted

Comment

Many thanks Gemandbailey
                      I hope you are more successful than I was with my submission.
                      Could I ask kindly if you could keep all records of your dealings with Excel as this may help my case and others
                      peakview120

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X