• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN - Excel parking, Peel Centre Stockport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN - Excel parking, Peel Centre Stockport

Hi, my wife visited the Peel Centre in Stockport and purchased a ticket. She paid £3 for 3-4 hours parking, however was only in the car park for 47minutes.

She entered her registration into the machine and inserted the money. She has then pressed the green button for the issue of the ticket. As she has done this she thinks she has knocked the Q button which was next to the green button. However the machine has still issued the ticket but with just a Q on it instead of the full registration.

On the back of the ticket it states that it should only display the date and time.

About a week later we have then received a PCN for £100 from excel parking services stating that we didn't buy a ticket for the car park.

We have appealed this sending them a picture of the ticket we purchased, however they have refused the appeal.

I have been back to the car park and looked at the terms and conditions sign. This states that the ticket should display the time, date and registration. This appears to contradict what is on the back of the ticket.

I have been given details on how to appeal to the IPC Independent appeals service.

Is there anybody that is able to provide advise on what is the best course of action in relation to an appeal?

Many Thanks

Nick

Re: PCN - Excel parking, Peel Centre Stockport

Do you have a picture of the signs ?

Even if the independent appeals service "kangaroo court" dismiss an appeal a judge would chuck it out asking "where is your loss".

M1

Comment

I have got a photo of the terms and conditions section of one of the signs, but I am struggling to attach it to the thread. I will keep trying.

What do you think would be the basis of my appeal?

Comment

I think I have managed to add the picture.
        Attached Files

Comment

Do you have the rest of the sign ?

M1

Comment

No I don't sorry. I might be able to get a photo tomorrow if it would help?

Comment

Won't know until i see it

M1

Comment

Thanks, I will get a photo tomorrow when I finish work and add it to the thread.

Comment

Hi @mystery1,

I have been to the Peel Centre today to take some more photos of the sign. I have split it into 3 photos to ensure it was legible.
                  I have also attached photos of the front and back of the ticket and the sign at the entrance to the car park and the small sign above the pay and display machine keypad.

Just to clarify in my first post I said my wife paid £3, I made a mistake and it was £2 for the 3-4 hours.

Also when I have looked at the signs they have got logos for the BPA, however they don't appear to still be members, does this mean anything?

Many Thanks for your advice.

Nick

Comment

Sorry having problems uploading the photos.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry having to upload them a bit at a time.
                      Attached Files

Comment

This is the sign at the entrance to the car park.
                        Attached Files

Comment

This is the front and back of the pay and display ticket.

Thanks again

Nick
                          Attached Files

Comment

Do you have the original penalty notice ?

M1

Comment

This is the original PCN notice.

Thanks

Nick
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X