• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ issue

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
    When did they stop adding charges to the account,was this September 2009 or October 2008.
    I am not fully aware of these facts sorry, i dont have any statements form then

Comment

Personally I'd get those dates sorted.
      For Clarification Statute Barred in England & Wales = 6 clear years with no payments or unequivocal written acknowledgment of the debt,
      any relevant contact i.e. a payment to the account, written acknowledgment, restarts the clock from zero, any court claim issued during the relevant 6 year period stops the clock.

As this is an OD account the start of the SB clock will be the date the first Formal Demand for Payment was received by you (simplistically the default date) which will be some time after the Formal Demand.)
      What is the date of the Claim???
      So was the claim made within the relevant 6 year period.
      Set aside applications a considerable time after judgement may well fail.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        Personally I'd get those dates sorted.
        For Clarification Statute Barred in England & Wales = 6 clear years with no payments or unequivocal written acknowledgment of the debt,
        any relevant contact i.e. a payment to the account, written acknowledgment, restarts the clock from zero, any court claim issued during the relevant 6 year period stops the clock.

As this is an OD account the start of the SB clock will be the date the first Formal Demand for Payment was received by you (simplistically the default date) which will be some time after the Formal Demand.)
        What is the date of the Claim???
        So was the claim made within the relevant 6 year period.
        Set aside applications a considerable time after judgement may well fail.

nem
        the claim is nov 2014

how would I get info as to when this formal demand was issued?

so to clarify it starts from when they first demand the overdraft to be paid off, the default could have been some time after this if no payment was made

Comment

Yes correct, my advice phone YB quote account number and ask for the relevant dates.
          Last edited by nemesis45; 18th March 2015, 16:55:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hellotoall View Post
            the claim is nov 2014

how would I get info as to when this formal demand was issued?

so to clarify it starts from when they first demand the overdraft to be paid off, the default could have been some time after this if no payment was made
            S.A.R. the Yorkshire bank costs £10.00.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
              Yes correct, my advice phone LLoyd quote account number and ask for the relevant dates.

LLoyd? just checking you mean yorkshire bank or if im missing something

Comment

Originally posted by hellotoall View Post
                LLoyd? just checking you mean yorkshire bank or if im missing something
                Yes he means the Yorkshire Bank,he's trying to help so many people.

Comment

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
                  Yes he means the Yorkshire Bank,he's trying to help so many people.
                  last thing for now please, when they filled the CCJ they actually got some of the post code wrong although the address was correct (correct as in format, not correct address I lived at) does this play any part in the wrong address set aside argument

Comment

Sorry to say basic clerical errors wont affect anything.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X