• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PruHealth are stealing my money!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PruHealth are stealing my money!!

Hello - I wonder if anyone can help me.

My old company set me up on a private health scheme called PruHealth. I joined their Gym Membership offer. However, I left the company I was with last November and phoned PruHealth to cancel the Gym Membership.
    However, they keep debiting £40 from my account (since December 07 to March 08).
    Here is what they say when I've asked for my £120 refund...

"As we had not received an instruction from your employ, we did not cancel your policy at that time. We first received this instruction in February when we contacted the employer contact person.

Therefore, we cancelled your policy from 9 November 2007. Your gym membership was cancelled from the time we received confirmation to cancel your policy. This means that we cancelled your gym membership from 19 February 2008.

However, we are unable to back date gym membership cancellations. This means that we are unable to process a refund for your November, December, January and February membership fees."

So they won't return the Gym Membership money. I'm not sure what my next steps are. My old company won't give me the money (I don't really wany to get in contact with them) and PruHealth won't either.

Is there any way I can make PruHealth pay up?

Re: PruHealth are stealing my money!!

Who was paying the £40 per month for membership and whose responsibility was it to cancel the membership when the employment was terminated?

You state that you telephoned them in November to cancel the membership - what was the notice period and was a telephone call sufficient in order to cancel it?

PruHealth do not own the gyms and this service is contracted to one of a number of gyms that they are affiliated with. They will not be able to recover the funds and are therefore attempting to hold you responsible for the fees they will have paid.

You also stated that
    Therefore, we cancelled your policy from 9 November 2007. Your gym membership was cancelled from the time we received confirmation to cancel your policy. This means that we cancelled your gym membership from 19 February 2008.
    What did they cancel in November?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X