• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP civil recovery. Caught shoplifting. Help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RLP civil recovery. Caught shoplifting. Help please

thanks!!! sorry to be honest i never used the forum i just was trying to find some help!! the letter arrived 2 days a go! and they are charging me 140.50p lets go see... thanks for your help!!! thank you so much!

Comment

Hi chiquitica

I've been posting on LB for donkey's years, seen many threads concerning civil recovery & can't recall anyone saying that they have actually been taken to court.
      The usual opinion is to ignore all but a 'letter before claim' (ie, "pay or we will go to court"....not "may" or "might"....., or, of course, a court claim.

If, in the unlikely event that a court claim should drop through the letter box (& from what I've seen, that is about as likely as finding rocking horse sh.....err, hens' teeth (sorry, mods! )), you should respond promptly to them.

I'll give @des8 a nudge for you (Morning, Des )
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Morning Charity.

I hadn't commented as by the time I read the latest postings there was nothing left to add!

As has been said au nauseam, just ignore the b*****s.
        Following their failure some years ago at Oxford, RLP no longer go near court.

As with any situation things can change, so we add the warning that, no matter how unlikely it is to happen, never ignore genuine court papers.
        If in doubt, return here for clarification.

Comment

For reference:
          Sticky: The Scary Letters.... RLP

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

thank you all, i will let you know what happens. Have a nice sunday!!

Comment

wonder if somebody some time in a position to take RLP etc to court for menacies/harrasment probaly another fine of £500.000 from regulators of some sort - just a thought. as all these companies have a disease - called money sickness - we call them criminals/thieves./

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                wonder if somebody some time in a position to take RLP etc to court for menacies/harrasment probaly another fine of £500.000 from regulators of some sort - just a thought. as all these companies have a disease - called money sickness - we call them criminals/thieves./
                Imho, probably not.......that is, unless you don't mind risking publicly advertising the facts of the case.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

as said in the position in order to do so, so much these days are forthcoming regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                    Sounds like a very public spirited action.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit200 View Post
                      Sounds like a very public spirited action.
                      He who comes in equity must come with clean hands?
                      (One of the maxims of equity).
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X