• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help this is urgent!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help this is urgent!

On the 25th february, I shopliftted today in Primark.

They stopped me by the exit and took me to the detention room.
    took a copy of my driving licence ( I am 18 years old btw) and
    asked me to confirm my address. The goods were returned. They handed me a RLP letter and told me I will get fined by them and a letter will be sent to my address regarding fine information.
    I received the letter today (14th March 2015). A letter before claim ( my first letter) and the amount outstanding is £130.00 which they suggest to pay the amount within 21 days.
    I know what I did was stupid and I will definitely not do this again. I have been upset ever since.
    They told me the police will not be involved, I will not get a criminal record and that I could enter Primark in 2-3 months.

I am aware that I should ignore them and not pay them a single penny as the only people who could actually fine me are Primark and they have dropped this case. However, I cannot risk any more letters being sent home, purely due to the reason that I live with my parents and they do open my letters and my father is a heart patient. I do not know what to do, but would it help if I sent a strong letter back which may stop them from sending letters?
    Please I really do need your help.

Yahooza
    (Please get back to me ASAP)
    Tags: None

Re: Please help this is urgent!

I shoplifted in Primark **

Comment

Can suggest you share this with your family first,

Neither RLP or Primark cane fine you read other thread on LB about RLP its unlikely they will take you to any Court they just send letters all of which can be ignored if you receive any come on the forum for advice.

Comment

I'm really ashamed about the matter, that i could not share this with them. I come from a strict background and it is very difficult for me to share this with them. :tinysmile_cry_t::tinysmile_cry_t:
        I have received my first letter today. Yes, I have read other threads and the "What should you do if you are contacted by a civil recovery firm ?" Thread. I have picked up the...
        "Dear (signatory)

Thank you for your letter of xxx.

It appears you are non-compliant with civil procedure, in that you have failed to state a discernible case against me and you have failed to show me the documents on which you intend to rely. That is to say, your letter discloses no evidence and no case. Your letter also is not a Letter of Claim.

Until and unless you comply with civil procedure by providing a heading "Letter of Claim" AND disclose all the evidence on which you intend to rely AND disclose your legal case, as is required by civil procedure, I am not only unable to respond but quite unable to understand why you are making these demands.

Further, you make unlawful threats against me which as already explained fall outside of legal protection. I reserve my position as to whether I will pursue you, and/or your "client" (assuming it is true you act for them), in the criminal and civil jurisdictions.

Yours

xxxx"
        and was wondering if I should write this back to them.

Also, Could I find out about other people's experience with RLP and how they managed to stop RPL sending them letters?

Thanks!

Comment

Also, COuld I know how many letters I am expecting? When would all of this stop if I ignore them?

Comment

If you can upload a copy of the letter onto the forum, with your personal details removed. This will help to determine what further action, if any, needs to be taken.

Normal suggestion is to ignore them completely.

Comment

Sure thing. I am uploading the letter right away.

Comment

Here is a copy of the letter sent to me today.
                Attached Files

Comment

HI
                  Their normal drivel!
                  Whether you write to them or not makes no difference, although some reckon that writing only encourages them to respond.
                  They work on the basis of frightening people, so they write ever more threatening letters, but seem to give up after 9 months or so, although on occasions the demands are passed to another DCA.

ONLY COURTS ISSUE FINES.

If you are concerned your parents will find out, even if they are strict, I would agree with the earlier post that you confide in them before they find out unexpectedly by opening your post and having a shock! The fall out will be less, and you might be surprised at their reaction.

If you should decide to write to them mention that you are aware of the Oxford Case No: 1 UC 71244

Comment

Interesting first line (alleged theft) obviously not proven makes their case for compensation weak IMO hope others on here will read the letter and point out the rubbish it contains.

In law you would appear in court if it was alleged you committed a crime there would be evidence produced and a Magistrate Judge or a jury would here this and your defence before you could be found Guilty RLP have no Legal standing unless they try and take you to Court and produced evidence which it appears they do not have.

Comment

Hi, I understand what you're saying but 9 months is too long ( Im moving out for uni which would be in 5-6 months- what will happen then?)
                      I really just want this to stop, isnt there anything else I could do? how about writing this " I acknowledge no debt to you nor to any company you claim to represent.Take notice that Under the Data Protection Act 1998, I refuse you permission to pass any of my details on to any other third party."
                      "Any liability to either you or any company that you represent is denied".

I really cannot tell my parents.

Comment

They will ignore your letter and keep writing.
                        I did edit my earlier post and suggested if you write to them you let them know you are aware of the case which they lost in Oxford.
                        I don't believe they have been to court since, and if you can show you are not playing their games they might, just might stop wasting their money writing to you
                        But I'm sorry I can't guarantee it.

Comment

As you are now eighteen can you not suggest to your parents that you are entitled to your privacy, and you would rather they did not open any of your mail.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X