• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Invited in for investigation meeting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invited in for investigation meeting

I'm a manager in a medium sized call centre, i have been invited to attend an investigation meeting on Monday morning regarding lateness and timesheets regarding one of my former employees whi was a temp, the employee in question is someone who in the past there have been rumours that i was dating despite the fact there was no evidence and also the person in question and myself have denied these rumours as they were very much untrue.
    In a nutshell the accusation is that i have not followed the process in regards to completing late forms whenever this agent was late and then reflecting this lateness in their timesheet.
    First point is that i started work at 11am every day and the employee started at 8am therefore i was never phsically there to see any late and the process in the business is that which ever manager was on the 8am start would print out the late forms and either hand them to the employee to complete or leave them on their managers desk to pick up whenever they were in that day, i completed every late form i was given, yes as a manager i could have checked to see if any of my employees were late using our internal systems but due to the the normal process being it was another managers responsibilty to pick this up i never did this as does no other manager.
    In terms of the timesheet all timesheets were handed into another manager who's responisibilty it was to check times etc and signed off on the time sheet, this employee must have handed in 100 plus time sheets i can count on one hand how many timesheets i signed off on and due to the normal late process unless i was notified this agent was late i signed off based on their rota that week.
    The person who has raised this complaint is another manager who now manages the employee and also recently asked me out for a drink which i declined, this was done verbally so i have no record of this.
    In terms of numbers the call centre has 200 employees and 7 managers.
    In the meeting i will be asking them to provide me with evidence that every other manager has a late form for every agent that has been late which 100% they will not be able to provide as not a single manager checks this due to the lates process they have in place in terms of another manager doing the late forms.
    This all boils down to me being singled out due to the rumours of me being invloved with the employee and raised by a manager who has openly discussed with other managers that they have feelings for me. Just to add there is nothing in our employee contracts / handbook regarding me dating an employee so even if i was which i have not been i have done nothing wrong.
    So what should i do? there wont be any evidence of me falsifying timesheets or late forms so im very very confident they wont take any action after the meeting but i dont feel it should have got this far and i feel the fact i am being singled out as unfair so would like to take things further regardless of the outcome of the investigation

Re: Invited in for investigation meeting

Is the building secure do you need a pass to enter exit the building ...if so that will be timed or logged on a computer?

Comment

Is the other manager trying to get rid of the person and prove to the agency that
      the temp has been late
      seems a big invesitgation on a temp post...surely the agency will just pull the temp ...
      why all this cost for an invesitgation....temps come and go all the time.?

Comment

No they are not doing an investigation into the temp, also since i was notified i've done some digging and the temp has been late 4 times since i stopped managing them and no late forms have been completed by her new manager..which is yet more proof that i am being unfairly singled out.
        In terms of ditching the temp the majority of our staff are on temp contracts so they treat them like full contract employees

Comment

Yes it.
          Im confident that they will be able to demonstrate that the employee was late but my argument is that i treated them no different than any other manager for example since i was notified i've done some digging and the temp has been late 4 times since i stopped managing them and no late forms have been completed by her new manager..which is yet more proof that i am being unfairly singled out

Comment

I'm sure you can see why senior management will want to investigate, can't you?
            If there is a suspicion of favouritism or failing to do your job because you are dating one of your people, it needs to be investigated, doesn't it?
            You seem to agree that you haven't done your job properly, but use mitigation that other managers haven't done theirs either. Always a dangerous path.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X