• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Resigning before TUPE transfer date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resigning before TUPE transfer date

Hi

I need a bit of help

I have been advised my current employer has sold the business and our employment contract will be transferring under TUPE at the end of the month to the company that has purchased the business

I am currently in negotiations with a another employer and expect a Job offer to arrive in the next wk.

if I was to give my one months notice required under my currently employers contract the day before the said TUPE transfer date, where would that leave me?

i have read up and I'm not objecting to the transfer under TUPE it's just that the new job offer has better prospects and a high salary hence my choice to leave.

im concerned if I do hand my notice before the date I won't be entitled to my notice pay etc
    Tags: None

Re: Resigning before TUPE transfer date

I don't really see what the problem is, you would transfer having given your notice. You may or may not be required to work your notice, there is no right to PILON

Comment

Originally posted by stevemLS View Post
      I don't really see what the problem is, you would transfer having given your notice. You may or may not be required to work your notice, there is no right to PILON
      That is the part I don't quite understand. Under my current contract I am required to give one months notice which I'm happy to do. What concerns me is if I give my notice they can then accept it and let me go immediately without paying me my months notice or holiday entitlement?

dont know what PILON is sorry

Comment

PILON - pay in lieu of notice - where some employers will let you go immediately with pay but not make you work your notice period.

How long have you worked there?

Comment

PILON - payment in leu of notice.

Ok think I should stress what my fear is.... I have a company car etc under my current employers contract. Obviously the months notice retaining my current benefits...e.g the car is my MAIN concern.

If They dismiss me without PILON immediately I will be left with no car, and no income for one month. I also have holiday entitlement owed and a holiday booked during my notice period.

all I need to know is...is it in my best interests to resign after the TUPE transfer date to ensure I retain my car, my pay and holiday entitlement etc for my notice period?

Or do my current employers have to honor my contract up until the TUPE transfer date anyway regardless?

Comment

My view, for what it is worth, is that it is in your best interests to not hand in your notice until after the transfer date.

Anything else would require close examination of your current employment contract to work out exactly what may be due to you,
            Last edited by stevemLS; 14th March 2015, 07:27:AM. Reason: Premature post

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X