• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Taking Utility company to court for loss of earning and harassment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Taking Utility company to court for loss of earning and harassment

pls come back and report how was your court cases ended

Comment

May I ask what your earlier Court case post was about?

Comment

"May I ask what your earlier Court case post was about?" is it directed at me [MENTION=30456]wales01man[/MENTION]?

Comment

yes seems a strange confusing post to me

Comment

if you allow I will PM you

Comment

I have PM you [MENTION=30456]wales01man[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by ladyleez View Post
                I noticed in March 2014 that First Utility were not taking my direct debit for nearly 6 months and called them to tell them this. We then set up another direct debit, which they also failed to use. I then started receiving debt collection letters saying that unless I paid them in full I would be liable for court costs etc. I then took them to the Ombudsman who found in my favour and set out conditions for me to leave and compensation of £50 which should be paid.
                This was in July 2014 and I am still waiting to be allowed to leave. I have catalogued every phone call, email and letter sent which is relentless and paramount to harassment.

It took them 6 months to agree a payment plan which I had to peruse them to do. I then received a threatening letter to say I was in arrears with this plan when I wasn't.

I have now opened a county court claim for £2500 compensation for loss of earnings and harassment. This afternoon I received and email from someone at First Utility to say that they are now offering me and additional £100 compensation However my bill has gone up an additional £204 in 3 days from a letter I received 3 days ago, and these are based on non existent readings. She also indicated that should this go to court I will loose and will be liable for the court costs.
                I have attempted to leave First Utility twice now, both times being told I would be allowed to leave, and then receiving emails and letters saying I can't as I have a substantial arrears.
                They have admitted their failings and yet I am still no closer to settling this matter
                Do I have a legal claim to this compensation?
                Dear Lady Leez, thank you for your post. I am in a similar position to you dealing with a terribly case of incompentency on behalf of First Utility going back two years and resulting in considerable harrassment, loss of earnings and stress and am also considering legal action against them. I would love to converse with you on this issue if possible.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X