• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Emailing Documents to Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emailing Documents to Court

Emailing the civil and family courts

When you email the court the subject line of your mail must contain (in the following order): -

The claim number
    The title of the claim (abbreviated if necessary) **
    The subject matter (e.g. defence)
    If relating to a hearing the date and time of hearing
    The judge or legal advisers name, where the correspondence/document is for their attention

**If your email is in relation to a family matter, please refer to the initials only.

Your message should also contain the name, telephone number and email address of the sender. If you email they will normally send any reply to you by email.

Correspondence and documents may be sent as either text or attachments. Where there is a practice form, it must be sent in that form by attachment.

Attachments must be in one of the following formats and the complete email (including any attachment(s)) must not exceed 10Mb
    Document file types

Rich Text Format files (.rtf)
    Plain/Formatted Text files (.txt)
    Hypertext documents files (.htm)
    Microsoft Word viewer/reader files (.doc) minimum Word '97 format
    Adobe Acrobat files (.pdf) minimum viewer version 4
    Last edited by Amethyst; 7th August 2015, 08:47:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: Emailing Documents to Court

This really is a useful post. It answers the questions I was wondering about email. I note that, as from April 2015 the new system is that there is only one county court, the CCBC and the buildings around the UK are to be classed as Hearing venues only.
    I wonder if this means that emails should then only be sent to CCBC.

Comment

I haven't quite got my head around that yet I'm afraid Sean. Things were meant to have changed last year too but I haven't noticed any difference at all tbh.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
        This is the email I sent all my documents to and aways received a reply , but it was in Jan 2015 . Not sure if it has changed or not but I'll soon find out as today just received new court papers 😔

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X