• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DEFAULT help - Vanquis/Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEFAULT help - Vanquis/Cabot

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since my last post, but I have some updates on the Vanquis saga. I decided to use a firm of solicitors to sue Vanquis for the charges. I realise I could have done this myself, but didn't feel confident enough. Anyway, in a nutshell the original default amount was £956.00 with the majority of this being charges.

Vanquis, gave up literally a few days before the court date and removed the charges and interest. The default now stands at approximately £230. Im just waiting for clarification from my solicitor.

My questions are:

1) I was originally awarded the default for £956. Do they have to issue me another default notice for £230?
    2) Vanquis now sold to Cabot have been reporting £956 in default to the credit reference agencies. By removing the charges they have been reporting inaccurate information to the CRA for two years. Would I be in a position to get the default removed?
    3) My original credit limit was £250. As a result of their continuing charges and interest that resulted in my credit limit exceeding it's agreed amount could this help in the removal of the default?

Any help or advice appreciated

Eagle
    Tags: None

Re: Vanquis/Cabot

Sorry I cannot help Eagle but well done getting so far. I really do hope someone on here will help,

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Re: DEFAULT help - Vanquis/Cabot

Originally posted by Eagle1977 View Post
      1) I was originally awarded the default for £956. Do they have to issue me another default notice for £230?
      No, a DN is only issued when you first break your contractual obligations to make regular payments. The idea is to give you the opportunity to remedy the breach before a default is recorded and further action is taken.
      Originally posted by Eagle1977 View Post
      2) Vanquis now sold to Cabot have been reporting £956 in default to the credit reference agencies. By removing the charges they have been reporting inaccurate information to the CRA for two years. Would I be in a position to get the default removed?
      3) My original credit limit was £250. As a result of their continuing charges and interest that resulted in my credit limit exceeding it's agreed amount could this help in the removal of the default?
      You can try I see no harm in arguing the points above, however, it can be difficult to get defaults removed if you actually defaulted on your payments, they are usually only removed if they were recorded in error in the first place. You should be able to get the amount changed because it's incorrect as it's currently reported but they may not go further than that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X