• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lloyds Current account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lloyds Current account

Originally posted by McGinty View Post
    . . . . assigned the debt to Cabot Financial UK.
    Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd are not currently authorised by the FCA.

Di

Comment

Thank you. Does this mean they could not currently enforce?
      Last edited by McGinty; 1st October 2017, 20:55:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        As to Moorcraps " request to know where the funds are coming from for the offer it's none of their business!!
        DCA's believe that they have a " right" to see detailed financial details but no such " right " exists.

It is your money and your right to make an offer

If the payment is coming from a third party then it's not unreasonable for a business to ask for further information to comply with Money Laundering Regulations.

The OP says this is not his debt which he is negotiating and intending to pay.

Although I agree that asking a third party to complete an I & E is intrusive.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
          If the payment is coming from a third party then it's not unreasonable for a business to ask for further information to comply with Money Laundering Regulations.

The OP says this is not his debt which he is negotiating and intending to pay.

Although I agree that asking a third party to complete an I & E is intrusive.

Di
          As I understand it Mc will be paying with money from a third party but paying it himself??

At present I would not be relying on the alleged " non licensed " claim and it is only conjecture.

nem

Comment

Until there is a judgment confirming the issue it is too much of a risk to use as a defence on it's own as a Litigant in Person defending a claim. If there are additional strong defences ( such as non compliance / statute barring etc) then the licencing issues can be added in to bolster the defence. Once there is a judgment or some evidence that making the point affects the claim postively on the defendants behalf, then it'll be better, else it's stabbing in the dark a bit.

On the asking where the settlement money is coming from - they have to do that under CONC rules - as well as Money Laundering - they have to ensure you aren't putting yourself into more debt etc.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Just to recap on the above so as everything is in the one place; The account is in my wifes name and was a Lloyds 'Gold' Account.. The last payment through a DMP was made 15th December 2014. Lloyds sent a letter in July this year saying it was being assigned and at the same time my wife received a letter from Cabot. The most recent letter from Cabot on the 18th September mentions possible legal action if she does not contact them within 28 days. Apologies if I have missed any essential details.
              Am I right in thinking I should now make an offer in the region of 10%, sourcing funds from a third party, as a full and final settlement or is there another route? Thanks, Mc

Comment

If you want to make an offer that is up to you and I would never say yes or no.

It is up to you to decide if this is what is the best choice for you and your wife although it seems Di's firm have successfully used in a defence but how..I have no idea.

There may be other routes you could follow and one of them is just sit it out and wait and see if they turn up the heat

Comment

I posted on your thread yesterday but they’ve been deleted.

We (Joanna Connolly Solicitors) hope you and your wife achieve your desired result.

Di

Comment

Thanks Di. I have sent you a PM. Mc

Comment

Thanks Di. I have sent you a PM. Mc
                      Yes you have.

I’ll reply tomorrow.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                        At present I would not be relying on the alleged " non licensed " claim and it is only conjecture.

nem
                        Not necessarily.

If court judgments have not been published/posted on an internet forum or in cyberspace that doesn’t mean they don’t exist on ‘terra firma’.

Di
                        Last edited by Diana M; 6th October 2017, 09:48:AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Another letter from Cabot today-potential legal action. How should I respond on this please? Mc

Comment

Another letter from Cabot today-potential legal action. How should I respond on this please? Mc
                            One fact to be considered is that over 80% of debt payments follow a default judgement. Do you want to add to that figure?

Comment

In the immortal words of "Clint - Do you feel lucky?"

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit200 View Post
                                One fact to be considered is that over 80% of debt payments follow a default judgement. Do you want to add to that figure?
                                That should only happen if the Defendant fails to file the Acknowledgement of Service or subsequent Defence by the appropriate court deadline.

It also happens if a claim is served on an address where the Defendant doesn’t live in which case they would probably make an Application to set aside the Default Judgment.

The new Pre Action Protocol introduced on 1st October requires the creditor/debt owner to jump through some hoops before issuing a claim.

I think the statistic you’re quoting is 87% not 80%.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X