• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lloyds Current account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lloyds Current account

Hi there-I would like a little advice on this account please. It is a Lloyds current account that my wife could not repay the overdraft on. I had made an offer to Moorcroft who are handling the debt to settle at £160 and they said no to this. I have improved the offer to £300 and they seem interested-letter attached. Trouble is they are asking for a lot of info and should I supply some or any? They are also saying her credit file would be marked as partial settlement. The condition in my offer letter was for a full and final settlement. Any help appreciated. Mc
    Tags: None

Re: lloyds Current account

Sorry forgot to post the letter!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Any chance of some guidance here please? Mc

Comment

Hi,

What is the outstanding amount?

A full & final offer of settlement is really a " negotiation " process and it's best to offer no more than 10-15% of the OSB for a start.
        Personally I would make the offer to the original creditor directly.
        As to Moorcraps " request to know where the funds are coming from for the offer it's none of their business!!
        DCA's believe that they have a " right" to see detailed financial details but no such " right " exists.

It is your money and your right to make an offer of what is affordable to you without causing any hardship to your self and your family.

Make the offer to the creditor as a " gesture of good will" without any admission of liability.
        If you need help with a letter please let me know.

nem

Comment

Thanks nem for your post I nearly sent my financial statement to moorcofy now will send my offer direct lloyds current acc as I'm in th same position just want to get rid of it if I can

Comment

There is an advantage in saying the funds come from a third party insofar as they cannot then chase you for the balance (The rule in Pinnels case if I remember rightly).

Comment

Thanks Nem. The balance £1053.52. I had made an offer of £160 and it was refused-obviously I should be speaking to the organ grinder not monkey Moorcroft. The second offer was £380 and as Lowry above we just want to get rid. I will approach Lloyds direct now that you advise this. I would appreciate a template letter for this purpose. Mc

Comment

Originally posted by McGinty View Post
                Thanks Nem. The balance £1053.52. I had made an offer of £160 and it was refused-obviously I should be speaking to the organ grinder not monkey Moorcroft. The second offer was £380 and as Lowry above we just want to get rid. I will approach Lloyds direct now that you advise this. I would appreciate a template letter for this purpose. Mc
                I made an offer three years ago,..they never replied...I've paid a small amount each month my debt is 3k
                the offer will be 10% also....
                or back to small payments each month...
                they took me to court for a credit card 5yrs ago. Debt 17k ccj repayment £1
                im writing to head credit honcho...Lloyds don't seem to respond! But I've learnt that if you put the word complaint in your letter they take a different view....
                lets see what happens

Comment

I had forgot all about this! Got a letter from Cabot today and they are wanting me to contact them to discuss with the usual threats within the letter if I fail to do so. Is there any way that I can get this returned to Lloyds so I can negotiate a settlement with them directly or as NEM suggested above should I just send an offer to LLoyds anyway? By the way, this account was one of their 'Gold' accounts back in the day and my wife was paying £10 per month for the usual services attached to this type of account. Thanks Mc

Comment

Hi
                    just to update you...mine was a gold current account I made a complaint for miselling
                    i got a refund of 1800.. banked the-cheque...but account was still showing 3k overdrawn
                    i wrote to ceo kicked off..next month checked my credit file account closed and disappeared
                    nevr heard from Llloyds again this was about two years ago
                    hope this helps
                    i told them I was 3k overdrawn due to them as the bank charges exceeded 3k

Comment

I had forgot all about this! Got a letter from Cabot today and they are wanting me to contact them to discuss with the usual threats within the letter if I fail to do so. Is there any way that I can get this returned to Lloyds so I can negotiate a settlement with them directly or as NEM suggested above should I just send an offer to LLoyds anyway? By the way, this account was one of their 'Gold' accounts back in the day and my wife was paying £10 per month for the usual services attached to this type of account. Thanks Mc
                      Hi Mc,

Lloyds Will refer you to Carboot who now own the account.

Personally I would make the Full & Final settlement offer to Cabot as suggested previously ?

nem

Comment

I had forgot all about this! Got a letter from Cabot today and they are wanting me to contact them to discuss with the usual threats within the letter if I fail to do so.

Is this the first letter you have received from Cabot i.e. a Notice of Assignment?

Which Cabot now owns the debt? Is it Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd or Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd.

Maybe check if there are any potential assignment issues before making an offer.

When a debt changes hands the purchaser doesn't always inherit all the information they need to enforce it. Have you looked into any packaged account issues?

What do you mean when you say the letter contained ""the usual threats" - were legal proceedings mentioned?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                          Is this the first letter you have received from Cabot i.e. a Notice of Assignment?

Which Cabot now owns the debt? Is it Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd or Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd.

Maybe check if there are any potential assignment issues before making an offer.

When a debt changes hands the purchaser doesn't always inherit all the information they need to enforce it.

What do you mean when you say the letter contained ""the usual threats" - were legal proceedings mentioned?

Di
                          To add to Di's post. I notice it is 2 1/2 years since you made an offer- or at least posted on here about it. Now while that would be seen as an admission of liability, it maybe that Cabot know nothing about it so:

How long is it since either the last payment was made on it or the account was terminated (whichever is the more recent)

Comment

We were in an arrangement with a debt management company and the last payment made was on 15th December 2014 and that was for the sum of £3.38 paid to Lloyds. The chap who was running the debt management company fell into bad health and retired at the end of December 2014. My wife had a letter from Lloyds on 18th July this year saying it had assigned the debt to Cabot Financial UK. We also received a letter from Cabot saying they had bought the account around the same time. Their most recent letter dated 18th September stated my wife had to make contact within 28 days from that date. They also state in the letter 'as a reasonable next action to recover the outstanding balance the account has been reviewed for legal action'. Mc

Comment

Good evening Di, please see my post earlier this evening. What potential assignment issues might I be looking for? Please forgive my naivety but again what issues would I be looking for in a packaged account. We have never raised any issue with Lloyds in respect of the account in the past. Needless to say in the last year or two of the account there was bounced debits etc.
                              Any more information required please ask. Mc

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X