• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cabot/mortimer clarke county court business centre nottice of attachment of earnings.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cabot/mortimer clarke county court business centre nottice of attachment of earnings.

Hi,
    This is my first time posting on here but I'm in need of some help and was hoping someone could assist me.

basically I received a letter from Nottingham county court Business Centre stating that the creditor Cabot Financial (UK) Limited have obtained a judgement against me in the County Court Business Centre AND as I failed to pay as ordered, the judgement creditor has applied for an attachment of earnings order requiring my employer to pay the judgement...which I'm concerned about, my employer would not be amused about this.

i have no idea what this sum they claim i owe is for, but they give me 8 days to pay £1,617 which isn't an option for me as my finances are not that flush. They mention the word 'judgement' 8 times on the order but whoever types the letter spelled it 'judgment' which did amuse me somewhat.

I've been searching the forums and found some useful info but not sure if what I found is relevant so any advice as to what steps i should take would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Re: cabot/mortimer clarke county court business centre nottice of attachment of earni

Originally posted by pitbull42 View Post
    Hi,
    This is my first time posting on here but I'm in need of some help and was hoping someone could assist me.
    Hi and welcome

basically I received a letter from Nottingham county court Business Centre stating that the creditor Cabot Financial (UK) Limited have obtained a judgement against me in the County Court Business Centre AND as I failed to pay as ordered, the judgement creditor has applied for an attachment of earnings order requiring my employer to pay the judgement...which I'm concerned about, my employer would not be amused about this.
    Before going to your employer, they should send you an N56form to fill in. Have you received it? On that form you can tick a box requesting a suspended order and give your reasons, the most common one being that the attachment of earnings could put your job in jeopardy. They wouldn't want you to lose your job and your ability to pay, so they usually agree. :grin:
    i have no idea what this sum they claim i owe is for, but they give me 8 days to pay £1,617 which isn't an option for me as my finances are not that flush. They mention the word 'judgement' 8 times on the order but whoever types the letter spelled it 'judgment' which did amuse me somewhat.
    Did you ever receive a claim form? If not, and you don't have any knowledge of this debt, you may be able to apply to have the judgment set aside. :thumb:

I've been searching the forums and found some useful info but not sure if what I found is relevant so any advice as to what steps i should take would be gratefully received.
    You can submit an application for set aside. You need to submit an N244 application form and pay a fee of £155, at least that's what it has been up until now.

Comment

Re: cabot/mortimer clarke county court business centre nottice of attachment of earni

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
      Hi and welcome

Before going to your employer, they should send you an N56form to fill in. Have you received it? On that form you can tick a box requesting a suspended order and give your reasons, the most common one being that the attachment of earnings could put your job in jeopardy. They wouldn't want you to lose your job and your ability to pay, so they usually agree. :grin:

Did you ever receive a claim form? If not, and you don't have any knowledge of this debt, you may be able to apply to have the judgment set aside. :thumb:

You can submit an application for set aside. You need to submit an N244 application form and pay a fee of £155, at least that's what it has been up until now.
      Fees for debts below £10,000:tinysmile_aha_t: are not being proposed for change.
      Perhaps before paying out good money £155, you need to consider what your chances are of getting it put aside.

others may be able to give you more stringent advice.

Comment

Hi...thanks to all that responded. yes i have been issued with an N56 form..attachment of earnings. i dont ever recall receiving a claim form. about 6 months ago they sent me another N56 form which i did fill out and send back but they disputed my child maintenance payments,and even said i can't include that in my out goings, i told them i get paid weekly and the csa payments also are deducted by my employer weekly so of course they should be included as it's money i don't have at the end of the week! so they then wanted proof of this and other bills and refused my offer of monthly payment saying they required more money. i then got side tracked and forgot to send the info off and forgot all abut it until this recent N56 form came through the door.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X