• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Hi newbie here, can anyone advise me plz?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi newbie here, can anyone advise me plz?

Hi I'll try to keep this as short as possible.
    i work in a school kitchen and just before Xmas we were told that there going to be new equipment installed and a cook and catering assistant were to be hired because another school is having a new kitchen built. The cook and catering assistant were supposed to prepare and cook for the other school and the food would then be transported over there.
    well to cut a long story short instead of them hiring another cook, our cook and manager offered to do it.
    I know for a fact, as I have heard it from the horses mouth that 3 people are getting extra money to do the food for the other school.
    well, on Monday I was told that I would have to make 60 packed lunches on the Wednesday for the other school. I went home that evening and thought ' no way, this is unfair', they want me to do my own work for our school plus 60 packed lunches on top for the other school'. Am I wrong in thinking this isn't right when 3 other people are getting extra money to do the work for the other school?
    Thanks x
    Tags: None

Re: Hi newbie here, can anyone advise me plz?

I take it no one knows the answer??

Comment

Re: Hi newbie here, can anyone advise me plz?

There isn't a simple answer because it depends what it says in your contract, and whether the extra work is going to be properly funded.

There is a difference between what is morally right, and what is legally right, and there is every chance that your contract includes clauses which allows them to get you to do this work.

Are they going to be paying you for the extra work, or are you expected to make time for it in your schedule yourself?

Is there an active Unison branch? If so, ask them if they know what is going on here. Have they been consulted about these changes?

At the very least, you could ask your employer to clarify what is going on, and what is expected of you, and how you will be recompensed for the extra work. No need to say anything about other folks being paid, as that is likely just to get the employer on the defensive, but certainly ask, politely, what the employer intends to do in your case.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X