• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Contesting Non Mol Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contesting Non Mol Order

My son (21) has a Non Molestation Orderagainst him from 26th February 2015
    which I believe he has to advise both the court and the applicants’ solicitorby 4pm tomorrow
    - 5th March. should he wish to contest.
    This was issued Ex parte with no supporting evidence in London whilst heresides in Manchester.

He wishes for the Order to be "cancelled" but cannot affordrepresentation nor would he qualify
    for Legal Aid.

Could someone advise the process - it would be difficult, if not impossible toattend court in person.

Thanks

Tags: None

Re: Contesting Non Mol Order

With orders like this it is very common to have them issued ex parte on an interim basis to provide immediate protection and then to hold a hearing to decide whether it should be made permanent.

It would be usual to transfer the proceedings to a local court, assuming both applicant and respondent live close to each other and the application was made in the RCJ?

What is the basis for the order and what are his potential grounds for contesting it?

Comment

This is a situation of She says / he says – both 2
      ndyear students who accuse each other of
      experimenting with drugs, jealousy, control, and (mild)assault.
      She has applied for Order on grounds of being fearful of hisaggressive actions – however, he states that it was her who was physical.
      This activity is on the back of her accusing him of assault whichled to his arrest and being held during vestigations. This ended recently with the CPS droppingcharges due to lack of evidence.
      My son wants to contest as he feels all allegations(unsubstantiated !) and personal assaults are unfounded and, if anything, the reverse is true – a commonaspect in most cases discussed In these forums.
      Main reason for contest is to remove all restrictions thatOrder states that would limit his movements as a student academically andsocially. Also does not want such an Order over him that potentially could havea long term effect on both his career and personal life.
      I understand that initially he can communicate hisintentions to contest along with his reasons in a statement to the court byEmail before the deadline, copying in the applicants’ solicitor.
      He also wants to apply to have the case moved to the citywhere they both reside as students, rather than the city where both sets ofparents live.
      He definitely regards the relationship as over and isprepared to offer an undertaking to not communicate with her, her family or anyof her friends – unless regarded as mutual friends – and keep away from any location that sheresides or attends as part of her studies that he has no business to visit.
      Is there a legal format for the response to the (interim)order where a defendant wants to contest and provide reasons in a statement?

Comment

Are you able to post up the interim order and any correspondence you have received, removing any identifying information.

If you can't post images, the precise wording of the interim order?

Comment

Uploading for OP
          Attached Files
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Did he manage to get anything in by the deadline?

Comment

Yes, he Emailed stating he intended to contest and attached his statement.
              Court has requested hard copy by post.
              - Email actually time stamped 20 mins late - he will phone court tomorrow
              to check if they accepted his Email

Comment

I would have thought that they won't reject it for the sake of 20 minutes. Not in a case such as this where is is not represented.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X