• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tresor Rare Refund Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tresor Rare Refund Help

On a recent trip to Kingston I was approached by a lady outside the store....I said I wasn't interested and moved on...heard the lady again and turned around thinking maybe I'd dropped something and walked back towards the store. Found myself drawn inside by her very pursuasive sales patter. Suddenly I was in the shop with my hands in a sink, rubbing cream into them.., she then proceeded to put cream around my eyes...full of compliments and made me feel good. Totally drawn in, thought they were nice products but
    very wary. By the way...no prices to be seen anywhere in the store. Asked her how much the products were...400 pounds for the cream 250 for another 150 for the third...told she can do an offer of 550 for the lot!!!! OMG not for me I thought. Told her I wasn't interested and would like to go away and think about it. "I like you she said, I'll do a special offer"...spoke to the manager..."I'll give you the eye cream and salts for 175 pounds including a facial in 2016"...totally sucked in, extremely persuasive and paid by credit card. On leaving the shop I thought what the hell have I done as I've never spent that amount on facial creams. Looked up the company when I got home and was horrified to read the reviews. I can't afford these products and felt extremely pressured into buying them. Went back the following day to return them and I felt lucky they gave me a full refund as I wasn't happy with the products as they made my eyes itchy. The manager queried that my eyes itched and tried to claim the card i offered was not the one i'd used for the purchase clearly trying ( to the last ! ) to halt the refund going through. Be very careful, check your statutory rights, they are not obliged to offer a refund and feel others may fall victim to this hard sell.

Comment

Last Friday (18th December) I went into their storein London (was dragged in actually!) . The company did a demonstration onmy face of products and I ended up buying well over a thousand pounds worth ofproducts, which they were to post to me on Monday . Unfortunately I had areally bad reaction to the products and I contacted them later that night byvoicemail explaining and asking them to contact me (I can prove this from phonerecords and the call duration)and also email to cancel the dispatch and requesta full refund to my card. I was told on the Sunday that the products hadalready been shipped, which was impossible as I left the store at 5.30pm on theFriday and I left a voicemail during the night which they would have picked upfirst thing on Saturday. I was then given an email address for a different company and they said they will only give me a credit note (for products I haven't even received and am allergic to). they said I had to produce a doctor's note for a refund - what is the point when the rash ahs now gone. I put a post on trustpilot and they have disputed it as they seem to manipulate social media!

Comment

Originally posted by juicylucy398 View Post
        They've been there for about 6 months. Here's a photo of their return policy.

Interesting that the wording above differs significantly from that on the receipt:

"Due to the nature of our products and in accordance with trading standard and fair trade regulations, we reserve the right to withhold refunds or exchanges of cosmetic products.
        No refunds or exchanges after 14 days of purchase date
        This does not affect your statutory rights
        Please keep in touch. For any feedback or questions
        Cosmetic@everestm.com
        *EverestMarke Thing**
        34 South Molton Street
        W1K 5RG
        London
        Tel 02086173429"

It is also interesting that the website www.everestm.com does not exist.

Comment

Originally posted by used View Post
          Ok so here's my story in brief. I was acosted on the street , South Molton and sold a couple of products but one is meant to be free.
          I also ended up in Orogold just next door who managed to get me to buy a ridiculous amount of completely irelevant skin care.
          I have bought my skin care from proper houses since age 17 and feel ashamed that I have managed to allow this to happen. I must have finally gone round the bend. Orogold got nearly £4000 from me. Can you imagine ? .
          It seems that these guys have special sales techniques that can make people act out of character. Do they use hypnotic suggestion? Is that legal in the UK?

Comment

I was reading their facebook page - EverestMarkeThing - you have to hit the translate button on it - but think it gives a good overview of what's important to them - and it's not your skin care.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              I was reading their facebook page - EverestMarkeThing - you have to hit the translate button on it - but think it gives a good overview of what's important to them - and it's not your skin care.
              Interesting, the Facebook page in Hebrew. I read somewhere that the company originates from some Israeli military guys. If they designed the sales methodology, it could contain advanced military techniques for subliminal persuasion. The average punter has no chance!

The MO seems to be to lure the mark into the store with free gifts, sell him/her something expensive but still "affordable". Once that is paid for they start the real heavy sales patter to buy more and more, using "free" treatments and facials as the hook.

Afterwards the victims blame themselves for being foolish but in fact the blame (or credit if you are studying sales) lies in the skilful sales methods.

Naturally with so much commission at stake, there will be extreme reluctance to refund.

Comment

Couple of questions for the "legal eagles" here:

1. If the Refund Policy on the receipt is more restrictive than the one on display in the store, do they have to respect the one in the store?

2. Can they refuse refund because the product was on "sale"? Or does this have to be explicitly stated in the Refund Policy?

Comment

Hello Grace,

I am now also struggling with my refund with Tresor rare. But since i am overseas right now, could you please share me your case how did you return goods to them and how did they refund your money back? Thank you so much Grace

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by grace jakes View Post
                  I purchased a couple of items in the London store on 20 September. Like others, I was given extra items for free. The salesman was charming and persuasive though I would stop short of saying he pressured me. As I was returning to Australia the next day I packed them straight away and didn't realize until I unpacked them that the main item I had purchased (£500) was not the right one and in fact I had been given a more expensive one, which I did not want. I contacted support through the Tresor Rare website. Other than an automatically generated response I have not heard from them again.
                  I was getting quite concerned, and felt particularly vulnerable being so far away. After a week I sent an email to the cosmetic@markething.com address on the invoice. Within 24 hours I had heard back from Liviu S and, within 3 days, we had sorted everything out and they had offered me a full refund upon receipt of the goods, plus a free facial when I'm next in London. At all times Liviu was polite, helpful and professional. I can't fault her responses and her promptness in replying.
                  My advice would be to contact them directly through the email address printed on the invoice.

Hello Grace,

I am now also struggling with my refund with Tresor rare. But since i am overseas right now, could you please share me your case how did you return goods to them and how did they refund your money back? Thank you so much Grace

Comment

Originally posted by Tern View Post
                    Hello Grace,

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Grace,

"Grace" is almost certainly a fake poster from the company. They are active on review sites such as TrustPilot. This company does not give refunds willingly.

Comment

Hi everyone
                      I took am going through the exact same thing and was wondering if anyone would be interested in banding together and hitting them with a class action?
                      Many thanks

Comment

I had similar situation and want to hear others' experiences. please contact shuurik @ Gmail.com

Comment

Hi all, I left a review on Trustpilot detailing my experience - Casey Towse. I would also be interested to hear people's experiences so please email me on caseytowse@gmail.com. Many thanks!

Comment

Tresor rare is directly related to trading names like Oro Gold and Vine Vera and Elevatione etc. I have been subject to high pressure sale tactics on January 16 at Vine Vera on New Bond Street for a total of £5,500. Any attempt to recover the monies returning the products have not yielded me a refund. Since then I have undergone an extensive investigation and preparing a group litigation case against all UK based cosmetics stores that are linked to Mazal Enterprises (mazalll.com) in the US: OroGold, Vine Vera, Tresor Rare, and others. If you have been subjected to high pressure sales tactics and purchased products that didn't need and want and failed to get full refund, please contact me at shuurik@gmail.com until June 30, 2017. The case will be under Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Act 2008 as merchants above use banned sales tactics as well as under Misrepresentation Act of 1967 for misrepresentations of the products at the time of purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagerbear View Post
                              Tresor rare is directly related to trading names like Oro Gold and Vine Vera and Elevatione etc. I have been subject to high pressure sale tactics on January 16 at Vine Vera on New Bond Street for a total of £5,500. Any attempt to recover the monies returning the products have not yielded me a refund. Since then I have undergone an extensive investigation and preparing a group litigation case against all UK based cosmetics stores that are linked to Mazal Enterprises (mazalll.com) in the US: OroGold, Vine Vera, Tresor Rare, and others. If you have been subjected to high pressure sales tactics and purchased products that didn't need and want and failed to get full refund, please contact me at shuurik@gmail.com until June 30, 2017. The case will be under Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Act 2008 as merchants above use banned sales tactics as well as under Misrepresentation Act of 1967 for misrepresentations of the products at the time of purchase.
                              Hi Eagerbear, did you get anywhere with your court case please? I was given false information at the time of purchase that the products were made in Switzerland and that it contained diamond dust and was made from pearls (all a lot of bull obviously) and Everest Markething has refused a refund. Please let me know if you have any updates. Many thanks.

Comment

From some paid for review site
                                Using products from the brand's BX-Relaxor range, which contain precious ingredients such as refined diamond dust, pearl powder, ground sapphire and gemstones, plus a sprinkling of gold dust, the facial promises to leave your skin looking and feeling clearer, smoother, plumper and more radiant.
                                Sounds like you'd be pretty much rubbing sand /glass into your face, which would generally make it swell up and go red ...

Why are they refusing the return and refund ?
                                Have you been in contact with your bank / card company ?
                                Last edited by Amethyst; 13th September 2017, 20:13:PM.
                                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X