• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

urgent help for my neighbour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent help for my neighbour

shes in a lot of debt for unpaid council tax, a bailiff turned up on tuesday afternoon and told her if she didnt have £520 in cash by the 17th, so just under 2 weeks,he would return to remove goods,they dont have much, and she is panicking,her husband works fulltime but they have 3 young children and are trying their best,she let him into the house on tuesday to talk,when he returns next monday will she be able to lock him out? she has applied for incapacity benefit as she suffers badly with fibromyalgia (sp?) and they have said that she will recieve a payout of over £1000 in 7-10working days,this however will take her a few days beyond his next visit,she rang rossendales who said its up to the bailiff now,so she rang the bailiff and spoke to him and he said no i wont wait,i run to a tight schedule and will be back when i said on the 17th to either take cash or remove goods. surely this is unfair as she is going to have double the amount he wants on the 17th, in cash, but just a few days later. if she does lock him out can he forcefully gain entry as shes let him in once already? or can he just get the police to come and let them in? her 11 year old daughter was in when he came on tuesday and she saw and heard it all so shes now very worried too,he didnt seem to have a care in the world. i was there,and to be honest the way he was and how he talked scared me and he wasnt even talking to me! she arranged with the council to pay the debt off at £20 a month,which she could just about afford,but they demanded £30 a week,totally impossible for them to pay,and she only made 2 payments on it before giving up as they hassled her for more money,now this has come about,so any opinions/help would be greatly appreciated,thanks.

Re: urgent help for my neighbour

Hiya....Just to let you know we are looking at this - I will ask someone to give you some advice that knows a bit more about how rossendales operate.

Ame
    xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: urgent help for my neighbour

Hi

Ok, a couple of things first of all. Please get the name of the bailiff who visited, but don't publish it on the forum, send me a PM with it. Secondly, as she has let him in, find out if she has signed a walking possession order. This is important.

Let me know these two things and we can advise further.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X