• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My ex won't give me his address for the divorce forms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ex won't give me his address for the divorce forms

There's no facts to contest as we've been separate for two years and there won't be any financial or property stuff to argue about either as we've both always been broke. We don't have children either. So, on the surface, this should be a simple process. Except that he won't give me his current address and he's not on the electoral roll either. He's told me to just send it to his mother's address, but obviously the paperwork asks me for his actual address and job (which I don't know either). Actually, I haven't spoken to him at all, this has been relayed to me through a mutual acquaintance, as he refuses to talk to me at all.

I want to avoid contact with him as much as possible as he was abusive and clearly he doesn't want anything to do with me now either. Would I be allowed to put his mother's address on the paperwork and leave his employment blank?
    Tags: None

Re: My ex won't give me his address for the divorce forms

Put down his mothers address as "Last known address" and "Not known" on the employment section. Are you the petitioner or respondent, I assume petitioner.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Re: My ex won't give me his address for the divorce forms

Petitioner! And thanks, I've just ordered a replacement for my lost marriage certificate so as soon as that turns up, I'll get the forms started.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X