Thread: 1st Credit and Moon Beever

• Display
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 1st Credit and Moon Beever

Hello All, this is my first posting and I need some advice please. In December I received a letter from Moon Beever purporting to be acting on behalf of 1st Credit whom I believed purchased a credit card debt from HSBC with an o/s balance of £4,353.42. I wrote back to MB stating I was unaware of 1st Credit and the debt they were referring do and could they send me all the necessary paperwork. Out of the blue I then received a Claim form from Northampton filed by MB on behalf of 1st Credit. I wrote back defending and denining the claim and asked for better POC incl copy of agreement, notice of assignment, etc.

17th Feb I received a notice of change of Legal representatives in effect MB are not longer representing them and this would now be done in house. At the same time they enclosed a copy of NOA and introductory letter. The letter also stated they have requested copies of the docs I requested from the original creditor.

19th Feb, further letter received from 1st Credit stating that they intend to defend the claim at the same time they are willing to settle without further court action.

23rd Feb, notification received from Northampton informing me that this is now a defended claim and I need to complete the small claims questionnaire and file it with the Court office by 9th March.

Where do I go from here please....

Regards

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Default Re: 1st Credit and Moon Beever

Welcome aboard :welcome:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomoneynoproblem View Post
    Hello All, this is my first posting and I need some advice please. In December I received a letter from Moon Beever purporting to be acting on behalf of 1st Credit whom I believed purchased a credit card debt from HSBC with an o/s balance of £4,353.42. I wrote back to MB stating I was unaware of 1st Credit and the debt they were referring do and could they send me all the necessary paperwork. Out of the blue I then received a Claim form from Northampton filed by MB on behalf of 1st Credit. I wrote back defending and denining the claim and asked for better POC incl copy of agreement, notice of assignment, etc.

17th Feb I received a notice of change of Legal representatives in effect MB are not longer representing them and this would now be done in house. At the same time they enclosed a copy of NOA and introductory letter. The letter also stated they have requested copies of the docs I requested from the original creditor.

19th Feb, further letter received from 1st Credit stating that they intend to defend the claim at the same time they are willing to settle without further court action.
    1st Credit wouldn't be defending the claim, you are defending it, presumably they say they intend to proceed with the claim but would consider an offer of repayment from you.
    23rd Feb, notification received from Northampton informing me that this is now a defended claim and I need to complete the small claims questionnaire and file it with the Court office by 9th March.
    There isn't much else for you to do other than fill in the directions questionnaire and return it as indicated. It's all part of the process. Once the questionnaires are received, the court will give directions to both sides, including the disclosure of documents.

Would be helpful for future reference to know a bit more about this debt and the defence you submitted. :typing:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for your quick response. The debt was relating to an old HSBC card which I could not longer afford to pay off due to redundancy. Basically, in my defence I did not admit the debt and stated that they have failed to comply with the CCA. I will get the forms completed and sent off in due course.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Thank you for your quick response. The debt was relating to an old HSBC card which I could not longer afford to pay off due to redundancy. Basically, in my defence I did not admit the debt and stated that they have failed to comply with the CCA. I will get the forms completed and sent off in due course.
    What sort of HSBC card was this? Was it previously and M&S card by any chance? How old would you say it was, taken out before 2007?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It wa an HSBC credit card and was taken out around 1999. Just to update on current situation. I have completed the Directions questionnaire and served it on the Court and Claimant as requested. By return the Claimant have also served me with a copy of their questionnaire which I received on Thursday. This morning I received another letter form the Claimant advising that the carriage of the debt has now been referred back to the original creditor who may contact me in due course.

Can someone please explain what's going on here.

Mentioned
    192 Post(s)

Did they say anything else in their letter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pt2537 View Post
    Did they say anything else in their letter?
    nothing else was mentioned.